Menu
Jcooper49
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

TiVo boxes so slow

I've got 2 TiVo boxes, both are ridiculously slow, it takes ages to change channel, go into my shows or the home page, I've spoken customer service who sent a signal to make it quicker but it did absolutely nothing. Will long suffering customers get these new boxes they're advertising, considering how much I pay each month it's the least they can do surely? 

l

0 Kudos
darren_
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: TiVo boxes so slow

And don't forget the crap recording, and the on demand then never works.

Get used to it. This is the VM experience

Jcooper49
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I see they're advertising this super duper new box for new customers only! Hope it's better than the ones I've got. My friend has just got a new box, thought it would be the one from the advert- oh no it's the same as mine! 

0 Kudos
darp63
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

The new V6 box isn't just for new customers only.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Jcooper49,

Thanks for your post on the Community Forum and welcome. I'm sorry that you're having a problem with your TiVo® boxes and that the diagnostics you went through when you called in haven't improved the response time. 

Have you been asked to clear the cache on the TiVo® to see if this helps? If not, please go to: 

Home - Help & Settings - Clear or Reset TiVo box - Clear Thumb Ratings & Suggestions - Enter Pin -To proceed - press Thumbs Down three times and then "LAST Ch" button on the remote. This helps speed up your TiVo® response time.

The new V6 box is now available to all customers as @darp63 advised. If you would like to upgrade to the V6 box and haven't done so already, give us a call on 150 (Free from a Virgin Media landline & Virgin Media mobile) or 0345 454 1111 (from any other phone), or get in touch via WebChat on Contact Us so that we can get this arranged for you.

Please let us know how you get on with this. 

Kind regards,

Terri

Virgin Media Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos