Menu
Johnno888
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

TiVo box very slow

I'm sure I've seen this before on here but can't find anything. My virgin TiVo box in unbearablely slow. Every time I want to use an application I.e. YouTube, iplayer, Netflix.... I usually have to wait between 1-3 minutes for the apps to load and then the responsiveness in the app is rubbish. I usually get fed up of waiting and having to turn the TiVo box off and then fire up the Xbox to watch the apps through that which is a pain in the lower.

Do I have a dud box? I've taken the power out of the back for a while and reset the box but still get poor performance.
I've had the box since last Nov 2014.

Is there anything else I can try or do I have to put up with this?
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: TiVo box very slow

Hi Johnno888,

A warm welcome to the community Smiley Happy

I'm sorry to hear that the TiVo® isn't working as fast as it should.  I know how annoying this can be so I will be happy to help get this sorted for you.

I have carried out some checks form here and all looks fine with the signal and power levels at present.

I would like to know a bit more about what happens if you don't mind replying with the requested information.  If you can get back to me with:

*  Is the slowness only happening when using the Apps?  

*  Does the same happen when you use the buttons on the front of the box itself?  (this will help rule out a remote control issue)

*  Does this happen at certain times of the day?

With this information I will be able to check further for you.

Keep me informed and I look forward to hearing from you. Smiley Happy

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Johnno888
Joining in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for your very swift reply! Smiley Happy

I have taken a video of the speed of the YouTube app loading. This is the same for all other apps however the YouTube one has issues stuttering as well when the video finally loads. I have restarted the box from the menu too but this has made no difference. I work in IT so the turn off and back on again is already etched in my mind.

This happens all day everyday. I've not tried the buttons in the box as the remote works fine when not using apps.

Below is a video of me trying to load above and beyonds ABGT 150 http://youtu.be/k0eUYq1Vunc

Please ignore the noisy washing machine in the background.

Thanks
0 Kudos
thanks4nothing
Fibre optic
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Johnno888 wrote:
Thank you for your very swift reply! Smiley Happy

I have taken a video of the speed of the YouTube app loading. This is the same for all other apps however the YouTube one has issues stuttering as well when the video finally loads. I have restarted the box from the menu too but this has made no difference. I work in IT so the turn off and back on again is already etched in my mind.

This happens all day everyday. I've not tried the buttons in the box as the remote works fine when not using apps.

Below is a video of me trying to load above and beyonds ABGT 150 http://youtu.be/k0eUYq1Vunc

Please ignore the noisy washing machine in the background.

Thanks

Yours is exactly the same as mine (on a good day when it is actually "working") , in fact, if anything slightly quicker. I have visited friends in the past and it is the same there too, in the same and different areas, although I no longer know anyone still tolerating Virgin Media's cut down "Tivo service" as they have all returned to Sky. I agree it is rubbish, especially when you consider how vastly superior even all the free devices are that offer a better service, in this day and age.

This user has left the community.
0 Kudos
Johnno888
Joining in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

If nowt can be done about it I will have to start using the Xbox for other streaming apps. I did have the small white box made by roku for £15 and that worked well. Live TV is working well and Internet is blazing fast and for less than £40 a month it's a non brainer. I was using another service and it was the same price for line rental+rubbish adsl without tv
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Johnno888,

Thank you for your reply and it's great you provided a video so we can see exactly what happens.  

I have taken a look at the video and it's been very useful so big Thanks for that Smiley Happy

I have taken a further look into this and like last time all signals are fine.  There's no network issues that I can see affecting your connection.

Currently there is a known issue that is causing stuttering with the YouTube App which is being worked on at present.  In regarding to all Apps responding slowly this will be a separate issue.  

I will send you a private message with further details Smiley Happy (Look for the envelope icon above)

0 Kudos
Johnno888
Joining in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi thanks for the reply however still not received a PM Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Johnno888,

Thanks for coming back and letting us know you've not received the PM. Looks like Collette forgot to hit the send button Smiley Happy 

Check your inbox again and it should be there.

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

0 Kudos