Menu
daysofspeed
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

TiVo box taking longer to move through menus than programmes last

Hi, my TiVO box is unbelievably slow. All menus take ages to navigate and appear, waiting for the menu to appear is slow. In general this feels stone age.

It's not (as far as I know) the newest box. It isn't full (under 50%).

Is it possible to swap out for a newer version?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: TiVo box taking longer to move through menus than programmes last

Hi daysofspeed,

Thanks for coming by and I will be happy to take a look into what's causing the TiVo® to be quite slow for you.

I have carried out various checks with the box remotely, all signal and power levels are looking great.  I've also had a look at the network and there's no high demand issues which is also great news.  

I'd like to find out a bit more from your side if that's ok?  Can you please get back to me with the following:

*  Will the slowness occur at certain times of the day?

*  Will a reboot fix the issue (Even if it is only temporarily)

*  Will the slowness occur on all menus, or will it happen in certain areas like On Demand, My Shows etc?

The box you have is the latest version, if it were to be replaced for any reason you'd get the same type of box. Smiley Happy

I'm keen to find out what's happening here, so keep me posted on how you get on Smiley Happy

Collette.

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
daysofspeed
Tuning in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Collette,

thanks for the help.

Answers...

* Will the slowness occur at certain times of the day?

Nope, 24/7.

* Will a reboot fix the issue (Even if it is only temporarily)

Nope, does nowt. Still awfully slow moving through menus and loading programmes etc.

* Will the slowness occur on all menus, or will it happen in certain areas like On Demand, My Shows etc?

All menus, opening menu, navigating through all menus in all areas. Is much slower than the other non tiro box in the house doing the same things (as far as that is possible).

Wife last night said "let's just get Sky instead" as she's so fed up with the "service"

0 Kudos
daysofspeed
Tuning in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Just for info... from pushing the home button to a menu appearing I'm talking about 10 seconds until it loads. 5 seconds plus if I hit TV guide all channels.

Does the menu cache?

Leaving aside the horrendous GUI and user walkthrough unwieldiness...
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi daysofspeed,

Thank you for getting back to me with the requested details.

I have had another look at this for you, signal levels are still fine and no high demand which is great.

I would like to book an engineer to call round and give the equipment a good check over if that's ok?

I will send you a private message with details of the next steps.  Look for the envelope icon above.

Collette Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi daysofspeed,

As per my reply to your post, I would like to arrange for an engineer to call out for you.

Can you please reply back with the following details:

* Account Name
* Full address.

Also if you can let me know when will be best to send an engineer for you.  Our following days/times we can offer are:

Monday - Friday = 8am-12pm, 12pm-4pm, 4pm-7pm
Saturdays= 8am-12pm, 12pm-4pm.

If you can let me know a selection of dates/times of when you're free for an appointment I can get one booked in for you.  Also if you can let me know your mobile number I can add this to your account (If not already there) and you will also receive an SMS message to confirm your appointment.  

It will need to be a time when someone aged 18 years or over can be there.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Collette.
Forum Team

0 Kudos