Menu
Rondini
Joining in
Message 1 of 17
Flag for a moderator

TiVo box switching on overnight

I put my box on standby at night with a red and green light to the left of the box.  For the last few days when I get up in the morning the box is on with 2 green lights.  Why is this?

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Re: TiVo box switching on overnight

Some posts have suggested this is down to network upgrade works happening (in the area the affected customer lives in), a member of the Forum Team here would be able to confirm if that is the case for you also (one of them will respond to your topic in up to three days.) In the meantime I'm sure some TiVo experts here will have alternate ideas about it.

- - - - - -
Any opinions expressed by myself are entirely my own and do not represent Virgin Media in any way.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Hi Rondini,

Welcome to the Community Forum--sorry to hear that your TiVo is rebooting overnight and apologies for the delay in getting back to you. I'm glad to see that Shelke was able to provide you more information on this.

Shelke is correct--there are ongoing network upgrades in your area and the reboots are required so that the boxes are updated accordingly. Once the work has been completed, these reboots will stop occurring. 

Here's another post regarding this issue that my colleague Collette has responded to: Re: Rebooting at 06:55am -please feel free to check out this thread on the same issue. 

Have you had any reboots since the weekend? Please let me know.

Apologies for any inconvenience this causes you.

Kind regards,

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

Rondini
Joining in
Message 4 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Terri,
Thanks for the reply. The box did stop switching on for a couple of nights but then has started doing it again the last 2 nights.
0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) BenD_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 5 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Hi Rondini, 

Thank You for coming back and messaging the Community again.

I'm sorry that the switching off has occurred again and I'd like to offer further assistance and I've sent you a 'Private Message', you can find this by clicking on the little purple envelope near the top right of the page.

Stay in touch and have a great day.

Ben

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
martin9156
Joining in
Message 6 of 17
Flag for a moderator

I have just joined the community.  

Live near Purley and EVERY morning for at least 3 weeks the tivo box has been restarting at 05:30am and causing lack of sleep.  Please provide an UPDATE as I am seriously angry. Smiley Mad

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) BenD_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 7 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Hi Martin9156,

Welcome to the Community and thank you for popping in. 

I can understand that when things don't go to plan it's never great, what I'd like to do is run some tests on the box and check the area to see if you're linked with anything of an outage. Despite my best efforts I've not been able to locate your account and would need some additional information to move forward with this for you.

I've sent you a 'Private Message', you can find this by clicking on the little purple envelope near the top right of the page.

Stay in touch and speak to you very soon. 

Ben

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
martin9156
Joining in
Message 8 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Private message sent Ben.
0 Kudos
pookie4
Tuning in
Message 9 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

My tivo box has also been switching itself on, every morning for the past few weeks I find it on.

Any ideas why this is happening?

0 Kudos
martin9156
Joining in
Message 10 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Any news. ???
0 Kudos