Menu
tractorboy74
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

TiVo box switching off and restarting

HI

Twice in the last 2 days my TiVo box has switched off and the screen says that it is restarting.  It then takes 5-10 minutes for the picture to come back.  It has also started having two copies of my recordings so I can't switch channels without stopping one of the recordings.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: TiVo box switching off and restarting

It's possible one of the recordings could be a Suggestion, but that shouldn't explain the reboots.

Are there any flashing lights on the box at all? What time of day has this happened?

TV: XL+SkySports V6
BB: 200Mbps SuperHub: Arris
Loc: ME10
    Please use the Search feature before starting a new thread
To thank or if you Like a post, use the Kudos +button. If it's an answer to your query, click Options.
Finally, if all else fails, take a deep breath and remember there's more to life than the internet and TV!
0 Kudos
tractorboy74
Joining in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi

it appears to be recording the non HD and HD version where applicable.  The restarting happened in the evening and the lights that were flashing were the recording lights, with a purple light every now and then.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hmmmm, purple light doesn't sound right.

I would give them a ring tbh - either you have signal issues or a faulty box.

To thank or if you Like a post, use the Kudos +button. If it's an answer to your query, click Options.
Finally, if all else fails, take a deep breath and remember there's more to life than the internet and TV!
0 Kudos
Dazman1973_
Joining in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Same thing here tivo box in bedroom keeps rebooting also getting no signal on TV in morning when turning tivo box on. No problems with tivo in front room. Def think the box is faulty. Was supposed to had engineer visit last week but had to cancel because of emergency.  I would like the v6 box as we are on the Xl package with 200 meg. 

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

As above, either signal issues or a dead/dying box. Regardless you'll need to ring in to find out.

If you want a V6 to replace one of the TiVos, then that's a different phone call.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi tractorboy74,

I'm sorry to hear that your TiVo® has randomly been restarting. Apologies as well for the delay in responding to your post. 

I've run remote testing to your TiVo® and everything currently looks good. If you are still having a problem with this, please let me know and I can investigate this further for you.

Kind regards,

Terri

Virgin Media Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Dazman1973_,

Thanks for getting in touch via the Community Forum. I'm sorry to hear that your TiVo® keeps rebooting and losing signal.

Checking into this, I can see that you've called in since your post. Has this been sorted out for you now?

Please let me know if you are still having a problem with your TiVo®

Kind regards,

Terri

Virgin Media Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos