Menu
Smithbeveridge
Joining in
Message 1 of 12
Flag for a moderator

TiVo box slow

TiVo box has always been slow since switching over from Sky, but this past week has been painfully slow...taking some twenty seconds to select TV guide etc, fed up now!
0 Kudos
swapshop1
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Re: TiVo box slow

Ours have been like that too. I switched one box off for a minute last night and that cured it. I've had to turn them off about once a month or so to cure the slow downs and freezing. But recently it's got worse.

Don't know about you but I'm getting a bit fed up with TiVo and have been looking at getting sky Q later this year.
0 Kudos
Smithbeveridge
Joining in
Message 3 of 12
Flag for a moderator

I've only had Virgin for around six months having been with sky for twenty years...ill try switching off and on again but I think as soon as my contract is up a move back to Sky will be on the cards!
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi Smithbeveridge,

A warm welcome to our community Smiley Happy

I'm sorry to hear that your TiVo® is running on the slow side.  I'd like to take a look and check this out for you.

At the moment I haven't been able to locate your account.  I will send you a private message requesting further details, look for the purple envelope icon above.

Collette Smiley Happy

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Browser01
Superfast
Message 5 of 12
Flag for a moderator

My tivo's speed is usually acceptable but I have noticed that at peak times 7.30pm 9.00pm 10.00pm it does slow down quite considerably. Why should this be? I can only assume that at these times there is extra demand in the traffic of information to and from VM. This I think is what the forum team euphemistically call a 'utilization' problem and until their network infrastructure is supplemented and upgraded will be likely to persist. Most tests and visits by box fitters are, from what I can tell, ineffective but it is hard to be definite as most 'solutions' are hidden behind private messages(pm's).

0 Kudos
vadek
Rising star
Message 6 of 12
Flag for a moderator

I've noticed it's exceptionally slow to respond to commands following the recent software update.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi Smithbeveridge,

Thanks for sending over the details I requested.  I have now been able to carry out various checks to see if there is any underlying issues present.

So far all signal and power levels are looking great.  Network wise all is looking fine there too, there's no high demand issues present.

I can see some disruption on the line though so if you can please reboot your box to refresh and let me know if this improves things please?

Also it would be great to know if this happens at certain times of the day or if it happens at random or all times.

Please keep me posted.

Collette Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
Smithbeveridge
Joining in
Message 8 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi, it does it at all times of the day, so frustrating! I'll try and re boot it
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi Smithbeveridge,

Thanks for your reply Smiley Happy

I just wanted to pop by and see how things are today.  I hope things have improved, if not let me know and I can help further.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Collette Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
Smithbeveridge
Joining in
Message 10 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi, I've given a few days and slightly better but still really slow when selecting to guides/my shows etc and apps such as Netflix take forever to load
0 Kudos