Menu
Mikeburtie
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

TiVo box slow

i've read a number of posts which seem to be experiencing the same 'slowing' issues as we have recently with our TiVo box. We only have around 50% of our hard drive being used, have rebooted the box a week ago and rarely use the catchup service, the slowing is in normal use when we want to view the channel guide and 'my shows' menu. We can't 'reset' the hard drive or we'll lose all our recorded programs but any help/suggestions to resolve the issue from the customer service team would be welcomed. Cheers & Happy New Year !

0 Kudos
Paulinej
Tuning in
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: TiVo box slow

Us too. Slow getting to Guide, Home, my shows  and really slow going to on demand or catch up. Even slower for iplayer. We power of nightly.

Imackie
Just joined
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Same here! Seems to have got worse over the last 12 months. IPlayer, YouTube & Netflix always very slow to load up. I've cleared a lot of space on the hard drive but makes no difference. 

Browser01
Superfast
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

It's a known issue and seems to be happening to loads of us. I find that mine 'slows down' at peak times usually at 20:00hrs and again at 22:00hrs although it can also occur randomly. Reboots etc., make no difference to the efficiency of my box so I assume it is down to slow feedback from VM or as they would say a 'utilisation' issue, or in plain English they don't appear to have full service capacity in oversubscribed areas. Great system eh?

Mikeburtie
Tuning in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Ok, thanks for you all responding and reassuring us that it doesn't appear to be an issue isolated to us & our 'box' - the question is, we pay top $ for our service (over £80 per month) and take TV, Broadband and Phone from VM so it would be good for someone from the Customer Services team to post something to help us with our dilemma.....or are we expecting too much for our almost £1,000 pa that we pay for these services ? (Our wi-fi is also patchy (we have the most current router) and the only way we've found of helping our issue is to disconnect it from the mains once a week and leave it for a couple of minutes to 'reset' itself before plugging the transformer back into the router and switching the power on.

Out of interest, is there another forum the VM CS 'monitor' where the TiVo issue could be escalated to if we don't get a response here ?

Thanks again everyone for your comments & Happy New Year 🎉

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) BenD_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Mikeburtie,

Thank you for coming in and posting, I'm sorry about the delay in response.

I'm sorry to learn about the recent TiVo slowness you've experienced and also on the broadband's WiFi.

I've been checking the TV services in the home and whilst trying to find an issue on the TiVo I wasn't able to see anything outright. I would like to ask if this is happening on specific times, whether this is happening on other boxes also?

I've had a check on the broadband and it's testing well which is a good sign. Can you give these wireless tips a go here?

I've also sent you a 'Private Message' with some additional information, you can find this by clicking on the little purple envelope near the top right of the page.

Keep in touch. 

Ben

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos