Menu
Martink1
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

TiVo box shows starting up then nothing

Hi
My TiVo box has stopped working - message "starting up" appears then nothing - "searching for signal".
I tried rebooting at mains and also holding start button 5 seconds but still nothing
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
Martink1
Tuning in
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: TiVo box shows starting up then nothing

Ok so my TiVo has sprung into action after I left it on for 2 or 3 hours at the "no signal" screen.
What happened?
Was there a sw upgrade?
Please explain as I don't like mysteries and I'm already fed up of the very slow operation of the box, if it's becoming random then I'll be cancelling.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

hi Martink1

Welcome to the Community, sorry to learn about the trouble you've been experiencing with your box lately, although I'm glad to hear that it's working for you at the momentMan Happy

Has the box continued to work well? If you need any assistance we'll be here to help!

Take care

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Martink1
Tuning in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

No.
Incredibly slow - on all menus. I've noted several messages on here from others in same situation and have cleared, reset, stopped suggestions etc.
I've given up even trying to use Netflix or on demand and lost patience - will cancel Virgin & replace with freeview recorder when I get the time.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hello Martink1,

Sorry to hear you're experiencing slow performance with the TiVo® box. I can see you have already tried the clear option, which option did you pick was it thumb ratings and suggestions?

Could you try one more thing for me please? If you go to the home page then press thumbs up, thumbs up, thumbs down, play and play again on your remote. This will clear the cache on the box and hopefully speed things up for you.

Please let me know how you get on

Speak to you soon

Rose
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
jonathanlouis
Knows their stuff
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

hi martink1 all this could be down to an error which we have on our tivo boxes at moment network availability its not gone yet its still stated on service status for tv engineers havent cleared the fault yet or its tied down to this new software update lots going on from jonni

0 Kudos