Menu
Pommy190780
Tuning in
Message 1 of 35
Flag for a moderator

TiVo box seriously slow

Over the last few months my TiVo box has been getting slower and slower. Opening my shows can take 30 secs to load up. Netflix probably takes 2 minutes and generally scrolling takes more time than normal too. Very frustrating! Anybody had this problem and know how to fix?
0 Kudos
optiknerv
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 35
Flag for a moderator

Re: TiVo box seriously slow

There are quite a few threads about this, you're not the only one!
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 35
Flag for a moderator

Hi Pommy190780

Welcome to the Community, I'm really sorry to learn about the problems you're experiencing with your TV service at the moment.

I've been able to locate your account and run some tests on the set top box from our end for you. We're not detecting any problems from our end at the moment though.

Are you experiencing slowness with the main menu? Or mainly the On Demand / Interactive content? (like catch up & Netflix).

Talk soon

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
paul_taylor
Up to speed
Message 4 of 35
Flag for a moderator

Ive just logged on to complain about this very same problem.

Our Tivo is unbelievably slow. Its one of the very first Tivo's if that makes any difference, as we got it when they were first released.

Ive done a complete Reset on it, wiped everything. And its made no difference. It is just crazy slow. Navigating the TV guide is just a real chore. So slow that you just give up. My wife has resorted to watching TV on the laptop instead !.

Is it the latest software crippling the box ?. Or is there a fault. Either way it needs sorting. Whats the point in me paying for a TV service that we cannot even use. My old Samsung V+ HD box in our bedroom is super fast and easy to use.

I expect a response please...

HP, Dell, IBM/Lenovo Certified Server Hardware engineer.
0 Kudos
Pommy190780
Tuning in
Message 5 of 35
Flag for a moderator

It's everything! Home button, my recordings. It hasn't been all the time just in the last few months. I have logged on to virgin media as suggested in a few other posts but it didn't make a difference. It's that slow and annoying I don't know how long I can put up with it!!!
paul_taylor
Up to speed
Message 6 of 35
Flag for a moderator

As a follow up to this.

Yesterday I did as Full Reset on my Tivo. This is the second time I have done this now, the last time being about 3 months ago. The process takes about 1hr, and it wipes, and then re-applies the software again.

I then went through all the settings and put them back how I like them, with the Video window turned off, and Suggestions off. Today, surprisingly it is nice and quick in all situations. There is occasionally a little delay, but I would say this is the best my box has ever been. So a full reset has helped this time around.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 35
Flag for a moderator

Hey Pommy190780,  

Thanks for checking that for us, sorry again for the problems.  

There's a trick you can try to clear background data on the TiVo® box that helps speed it up. Just press Home then Thumbs Down, Thumbs Up, Play, Play.

Try that and let me know how it goes!

Josh

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
paul_taylor
Up to speed
Message 8 of 35
Flag for a moderator

Ok, so here i am again and my TiVo is SOOO freaking slow. It takes ages to navigate anything within the TV guide.

I pay a fortune for this damn thing every month, and lets face it, its not fit for purpose.

Was at my dads this weekend, and used his Sky box. Man it is such a joy to use compared to the piece of junk that is the VM Tivo.

If you cannot fix it, just say so and i will terminate my account with VM and move to Sky.

0 Kudos
Pommy190780
Tuning in
Message 9 of 35
Flag for a moderator

I'm with you Paul it seem seriously worse in the last few days! Come on VM we need answers!!!!
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 35
Flag for a moderator

Hi paul_taylor, 

Thanks for your post and apologies to hear you are having an issue with your TiVo® box running slow. 

I've gone into the account to take a look at what is going on and there does appear to be quite a few timeouts. 

All your power levels and input levels look good so these are not a concern. 

As your box has been online for near enough 7 days, can you completely reboot this for me by turning off at the mains. Leave off for a good few minutes before turning back on. 

This will clear the resets and allow us to see if any more occur in the next few days. If they do occur again, we will need to look at getting an engineer out for you. 

Come back and let us know how things go. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos