Menu
Stu_W
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

TiVo box restarting + vandalised wires

Hi there,

My TiVO box has been misbehaving for a while. We can't watch HD channels because they keep stuttering/freezing, etc, plus many other channels are unavailable as well (we get the 'there is a problem with this channel' message).

We've put up with it out of laziness/desire to avoid the helpline at all costs; but today the box is updating constantly but never completing the update process. It says 'we're updating your digital TV service which may take a few minutes...', but this has been going on for hours.

Probably related is the fact that the box on our street that houses the Virgin Media wires has been vandalised (as have many in the area, by the looks of it). See pic below. Do you think there's anyway I might be able to get this resolved without having to call up and sit on hold for ages?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: TiVo box restarting + vandalised wires

Hi Stu_W,

Welcome to the Community and thanks for posting on the Forum. Sorry to hear that you are having problems viewing channels on your TiVo® service. Thank you for sending the picture of the vandalised street box as well. 

I have been able to access your account via your Forum details and run testing to your equipment. I can see an issue that will require an engineer in order to get this resolved, as well as get that street box secured.

I'll send you a private message requesting further details so that I can arrange an appointment for you. Just check the red envelope at the top left of this page. 

Thank you.

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

Stu_W
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Just wanted to say thanks Terri - the engineer came and fixed this the other day. Cheers!

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Stu_W, 

Thanks for coming back to us and letting us know things are resolved for you now. 

I'll pass you thanks on to Terri Smiley Happy

If you have any further issues, please let us know.

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos