Menu
2G
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

TiVo box repkacement

there is a possibility that my box will have to be replaced when a technician visits soon.  Is it possible to save my recorded programmes, series etc to a portable hard drive as I do not really want to lose it all?

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: TiVo box repkacement

The only option with TiVo is to copy in real time via the SCART output to a device such as a DVD or hard disk recorder.

0 Kudos

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

The only option with TiVo is to copy in real time via the SCART output to a device such as a DVD or hard disk recorder.

0 Kudos
2G
Tuning in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for your reply.  I am not very tech savvy, being the wrong generation so my apologies if this is a stupid question.  By "real time" do you mean It cannot be copied from a recording but would have to be copied from the live transmission?

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

You have to play the recording from My Shows and start the recorder going at the same time. You cannot watch anything else on the TiVo during this process, although you can record other programs concurrently.

0 Kudos
2G
Tuning in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thank you.  I will do that and at least I can save some of my favourites. You have been very helpful.

0 Kudos