Menu
williamson7466
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

TiVo box received with no remote control or hdmi cable

HELP ME PLEASE. I received my tivo box 10 days ago it arrived without the remote control or hdmi cable, rendering it useless. I phoned 150 hoping for the missing items to be sent and was assured I would receive them before 16.30 the next day. The following day my package from Virgin Media arrived, containing a splitter and two short lengths of coaxial cable???? Another call to 150 and I was told the missing items were showing as being on order for me and to allow another couple of days for delivery, if they hadn't arrived by then phone up again. This I did and no remote or hdmi cable arrived. Yet again I phoned 150 explaining what items were missing, the advisor was most surprised at the ineptitude I had experienced and had never heard anything like it before. I have now eventually received.......... a hdmi cable but no remote control, can I please have a remote control so my tivo box can be used? I have given up phoning 150 as I am losing the will to live.

0 Kudos
Parrotperson
Super solver
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: TiVo box received with no remote control or hdmi cable

Frankly I'm not surprised you're losing the will to live. Unfortunately the only way to get a remote is to ring 150. But next time you ring press for 'thinking of leaving'  and say you'll cancel!  That should get their attention. 

0 Kudos
LittleMick73
Well-informed
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi it's amazing the amount of posts regarding the ineptitude of an awful lot of people in the call centres, virgin are just taking on people and not training them properly, having been a virgin customer for about 16 years I have had myself some of these people telling me absolute rubbish, the only thing you can do is politely hang up & ring again in the hope you get through to someone who knows what thier talking about. Regards Micky
0 Kudos
williamson7466
Joining in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the response Parrotsperson, unfortunately I have tried that and was told I had got through to the wrong dept and would be transferred to tech support, 7 minutes of listening to muzak later I hung up.

0 Kudos
iann
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I had a similar problem when my Tivo box arrived. There was just the box, nothing else. The difference here is that I phoned 150 and had all the remaining parts a day or two later.
0 Kudos
williamson7466
Joining in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the responses, I have now received not one but two remote controls from VM, I've installed the tivo box according to the instructions now my tv reception is blocky and incoherent. I'll just bin it and go back to connecting my unused Vbox. At least I get freeview on my tv. Shocking service from Virgin for a 22 years + customer.

0 Kudos