Menu
Markymark65
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

TiVo box rebooting

I have a TiVo box and will be watching tv and then the picture freezes then the box reboots and I have the message "starting up" after about 5 mins it comes back on, this does this all evening, it may do it during the day, but I'm at work, it's done it 5 times since 6 pm tonight, I check the service and it checks out ok, Some days there is no issue, it's around 50/50 loss of the TV service each week, I switched from sky, and never had any major issues with their service, really frustrated,last time an engineer came out, he couldn't find an issue and just see how it goes, I must admit, if I wasn't tied into a contract I would go back to sky, seriously not impressed with tivo

0 Kudos
Parrotperson
Super solver
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: TiVo box rebooting

The box needs replacing. It's most probably your hard drive. Phone again get an engineer  and a new box. Make sure when it's installed he very carefully checks the signal to the box. 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Markymark65,

I just wanted to pop by and welcome you to the community Smiley Happy

I'm sorry that your programme viewing is getting disrupted with these random reboots.  I'll be happy to help check this out for you.  

Currently when I look at your box remotely it is showing as 'offline'.  Can you please tell me if this box was turned on or off at the time of this post?

Once confirmed I can help further Smiley Happy

Collette.

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Markymark65
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Collette

Thanks for contacting me, The box is switched on, I haven't switched it off, only time is when I reboot it, as I'm typing this I have 4 red lights on, 2 on the left and 2 on the right, it now changed to a red and and a blue light on the right, on the left side where there are 3 lights the 2 outer ones are now green and the middle one is flashing green, the one under the heart sign, then all lights flash and the box then show a green on the left and red on the right, and now back to 4 red lights on as above, When the box was installed the engineers ran the cable along the ground, if the cable was damaged would effect the broadband as well? the broadband is working fine by the way, as I'm on it now, I have had problems ever since we had it installed, but normally it sorts itself out by the next day

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the update Markymark65 Smiley Happy

If there were cable damage I would expect to see both TiVo® and Broadband affected but it's not always the case.

I can see you have an engineer booked to call round and sort this which is great to see, it would be great if you could keep me posted on how you get on after the appointment.

I'm here to help if you need me.

Collette Smiley Happy

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos