Menu
Tasha89
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

TiVo box rebooting it self for 4 hours

My TiVo box has been repeatedly been rebooting it's self non stop for around 4 hours, meaning cannot watch any tv and no recordings will be made! Has anyone else have this issue?
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
memememe
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: TiVo box rebooting it self for 4 hours

Could be bad news

I have had this in the passed, it was bad news the hard drive had failed and they brought me a new box. In them days I lost all my season passes etc. 

What are the blue lights doing on the left hand side as you look at the unit?

0 Kudos
Tasha89
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

This did happen before and it had returned to normal the next day.

The lights are green whilst it's trying to start up then of course it turns off, there is also two red lights on the right hand side that are red
0 Kudos
memememe
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I dont feel its going to get better, may come back for a time but by the sounds of it its not going to stay solved for long, best call virgin tivo tech. Keep us updated.

Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi there Tasha89, 

I'd like to take this opportunity to welcome you to the forums and say that I'm really sorry to hear that you've been experiencing this issue with your TiVo® and I'd love to help you out. 
I've run some testing on your connection and can see some errors which will require a technician to call out and investigate further. I'll send you a private message in order to get things moving with this. Please look to the top right of this page where you'll see a purple envelope icon, click on this and you'll see my message. 

Many thanks and apologies once again.

Huw

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos