Menu
BeeJay1
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

TiVo box rear panel connectors

Apart from the cable connection the rear panel has two USB ports, an ethernet port, and a scart connector.  Each must be there for a reason - what is it?  I can see that the ethernet port would enable the box to show up on a home network but can't see what use would it have?  The USB and scart I have no idea.

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: TiVo box rear panel connectors

SCART is to connect to an older TV that doesn't have HDMI,

USB is not officially used, although it does support a wired keyboard and will provide power for charging some devices,

And an Ethernet connection to a home network allows for TiVo to TiVo streaming of recorded programmes, and also allows the TV Anywhere Android and iOS app to act as a remote control for TiVo when connected to the same home network.

I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

SCART is to connect to an older TV that doesn't have HDMI,

USB is not officially used, although it does support a wired keyboard and will provide power for charging some devices,

And an Ethernet connection to a home network allows for TiVo to TiVo streaming of recorded programmes, and also allows the TV Anywhere Android and iOS app to act as a remote control for TiVo when connected to the same home network.

I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
BeeJay1
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for that - as I suspected I can forget about them, at least while I only have the one box.

0 Kudos