Menu
echelom
Fibre optic
Message 71 of 399
Flag for a moderator

Re: TiVo box really slow lately

singer61 wrote:

well im glad i found this forum , my tivo box is slower than a snail and i dunno what to do , it stops when playin and is all pixelated  and this has been goin on for weeks now , can someone from virgin help 

Hi,

I can flag you so a moderator will take a look for you. They can test TiVo boxes to an extent online, by the sound of it.

Have you tried turning off at the mains for a few minutes and waited to reboot?

This sometimes will clear a systen "cache" build up, other than that I can get a moderator for you, to run tests on your box. 

How old is your box roughly?

Regards,

0 Kudos
singer61
Tuning in
Message 72 of 399
Flag for a moderator

hi m8 and thanks for the quick reply i turn it off every nite  never left on  and rebooted in the mornings  , box i think is about 1 - 1and a half  years old would that be right 

0 Kudos
Johnny-English
Joining in
Message 73 of 399
Flag for a moderator

I'm having the same problems , super slow , if I press for my recorded programs or check what's on tv menu ,super, super slow .

Been like it for a few weeks now , tried 're booting , changing the batterys  in hand control a nd no improvement !!

Cheers

John

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 74 of 399
Flag for a moderator

Hi singer61,

Sorry to hear that you're having problems with the TiVo running slowly.

I can have a look at this for you, but testing is currently showing that your TiVo is offline. In order to run testing via the Forum Team, please leave your TiVo powered on over the next 48 hours so that I can complete diagnostics.

If you prefer to get in touch with us direct, give us a call on 150 (free from a Virgin Media landline & Virgin Media mobile) or 0345 454 1111 (from any other phone) or Chat Online so that testing can be done straight away with you.

If you would like for me to investigate this further, I'll need to take a few more details from you to make sure I'm testing the correct equipment, so I'll pop a private message over to you requesting the required information.

Kind regards,

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 75 of 399
Flag for a moderator

Hi Johnny-English,

Sorry to hear that you are experiencing slow service on your TiVo as well. 

I have been able to access your account via your Forum details and have run testing to your TiVo and can see a problem that will require an engineer visit to resolve.

I'll send you a private message requesting further details. Just check the purple envelope at the top right of this page.

Kind regards,

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 76 of 399
Flag for a moderator

Hi singer61,

Just checking back with you to see if you are still having problems with your TiVo.

If you would like for me to investigate this further, please let me know.

Thanks,

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 77 of 399
Flag for a moderator

Hi Johnny-English,

Just checking back with you to see if you would like for us to investigate the problem you reported with your TiVo box.

Please let me know.

Thanks,

0 Kudos
Firemaster
Tuning in
Message 78 of 399
Flag for a moderator

I have a Newish Tivo box (6 months old ish) and it is slow, not unusable but sometimes frustrating compared to how the old box was.

The original TiVo box was really quick but slowed down over time, this was after updates had been applied, then the Box packed up and a new one provided, but as I said still slow.

Not end of the world but frustrating at times

0 Kudos
cruising
Superfast
Message 79 of 399
Flag for a moderator

On and on goes the TIVO slowness saga.

Forget all the checking of signals, box rebooting etc etc.

Although this may improve the odd local issue, the facts are staring us in the face i.e. the TIVO boxes are outdated and unable to handle any software updates without going into nervous breakdown mode.

VM will never admit it officially but the only possibility of a permanent cure is for a completely new TIVO 2.

wilkenstein1974
On our wavelength
Message 80 of 399
Flag for a moderator

This might interest a few people. I was just at the Gadget Show, where Virgin Media have a stand. So I raised this issue in person and got the following response.

Firstly I was told that Virgin Media are very aware how good Sky's new Sky Q offering is, and that their own TiVo offering is now dated and not working as it should be for many users, as much as admitting they know about how bad it's now got. They admitted that Sky Q is far superior now and the new benchmark they need to be competing with in this market.

Secondly (and I'm not sure how much I believe this is true or was just said to get me away from the stand), I was told that Virgin Media would have a new TiVo box offering NEXT MONTH.

So for all the Virgin Mods who keep on popping up in this thread to claim it is just probably local issues with individual's boxes, and not a rule of thumb for this old antiquated TiVo box we're still using.  Are the Virgin Media guys at The Gadget Show simply lying, or is there a new TiVo box coming soon?

Very long time VM customer, from the old blueyonder days.
0 Kudos