Menu
Longdyke
Joining in
Message 391 of 399
Flag for a moderator

Re: TiVo box really slow lately

I've got to say I've been happy with my new box since my wee problem arose. However now find my 5ghz wifi keeps kicking me off. 2ghz and wired network fine.
0 Kudos
haynes77
On our wavelength
Message 392 of 399
Flag for a moderator

I've just cancelled VM and am now using Sky Q - OMG...............has made me realise all the more what a snail's pace TIVO was!!  VM persuaded me to stay another year (Sept 16) but we couldn't even stand to see the year out so made the switch and so glad we did - there is absolutely no comparison.  VM should replace ALL TIVO boxes as a matter of course, no matter what package you're on as they are NOT fit for purpose and haven't been for a long, long time!

Heads up - if all you VM customers out of contract want to switch to SKY Q, just head over to PC World, Carphone Warehouse or Currys and see what SKY deals they have at present as we got one too good to refuse.

vircom
Knows their stuff
Message 393 of 399
Flag for a moderator

And if Sky get to expensive in future, you can return to VM with brand new customer discounts and new V6 box. The only down side is a little inconvenience.

EDIT. Can confirm my family's Sky + Hd, Sky Q and BT TV boxes are all much quicker than the Tivo, hell even my old Virgin V+ box is more responsive than my Tivo
0 Kudos
alexei
Dialled in
Message 394 of 399
Flag for a moderator

Think its time I cancel and move over as well

0 Kudos
gilburton
On our wavelength
Message 395 of 399
Flag for a moderator

Just got my free v6 upgrade which included a superhub 3 although I'm only on 70 mb and had a superhub 1.

All I can say is fantastic especially on Netflix. It's now virtually instant.

Anyone still suffering on Tivo request the free upgrade.

https://help.virginmedia.com/system/templates/selfservice/vm/help/customer/locale/en-GB/portal/20030...

alexei
Dialled in
Message 396 of 399
Flag for a moderator

I got the v6 i think it was an extra £20 plus they jiggled my package and have tried to sweeten me

Now.... I am not really impressed to tell the truth

Netflix is still slow and so is ondemand

I expected it to be super fast but its not really, I am on a wired connection so not using wifi 

The fact that all the channels are useless and the ondemand services still not being quick, we never use it 

I have had it since november and its gathering dusk

We watch no live TV anymore

Using iplayer or any other the other tv services directly to the tv (samsung smarthub) or to my twenty quid chromecasts is simply much much quicker and smoother

Same for Netflix's

I will be dumping the v6 once I escape the rest of the contract time.......

Superhub 3 is also not brilliant on the wifi front........

0 Kudos
PhilHornby
Fibre optic
Message 397 of 399
Flag for a moderator

"gilburton" wrote:

Anyone still suffering on Tivo request the free upgrade.

Thanks, I'd not spotted that you could just order it - I was labouring under the illusion that you had to be "chosen" ;-)

0 Kudos
gilburton
On our wavelength
Message 398 of 399
Flag for a moderator

I think you need to check or reset it as my netflix is instant. Did you install it yourself or did an engineer do it?

My wifi signal on my laptop went up an extra 10mb compared to the superhub 1
It has to be hardwired direct to the superhub as it now uses the internet for streaming unlike tivo which only had a dedicated 10mb connection.
As far as I know they are replacing all tivos and earlier boxes with the v6

0 Kudos
gilburton
On our wavelength
Message 399 of 399
Flag for a moderator

I expect they will get round to everyone eventually lol
0 Kudos