Menu
apwheeler
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 394
Flag for a moderator

TiVo box really slow lately

Hi,

Our TiVo box gets so slow after a few days its almost un-useable until it is rebooted.  Our first TiVo box that lasted 3 years until it failed was always quick and hardly ever needed rebooting.  We had our box replaced last summer, but the last few months it gets slow after a few days and needs rebooting.  It can take 20-30 seconds for it to respond to loading the Menu, or going to My Shows, it also then fails to load up iPlayer and Netflix, which is very annoying!

Is this a known issue with the latest firmware, or do we have a crap box?  

Please sort it out, its incredibly frustrating.

gravy1
Fibre optic
Message 2 of 394
Flag for a moderator

Re: TiVo box really slow lately

I recently rejoined VM (great price thanks VM) but the TiVo is antiquated... I thought that even when they came out last century (1990's) the VM TiVo is slightly updated although less functional than the U.S. TiVo... and the first thing I noticed when I switched was... it is like trying to run through treacle... it is so slow and difficult to get anywhere.. the menu after menu after menu is frustrating as is the channel list being all over the place.

As for text and catch up or on demand ... I can watch on my mobile quicker.

I think (personally) TiVo has far too much going on for it's cpu and ram to process effectively... VM are just trying to max out what they give us.. which is nice of them but... sometimes Less really is more.

I plugged my old humax into the router and I'm boxing up the super slow TiVo and returning it... I do not think VM are going to upgrade to a new TiVo soon or streamline the software to make it more user friendly so I'll stick to the humax 

apwheeler
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 394
Flag for a moderator

I was just wondering if it was my box or not, or whether others having the same issue.  

For example, before using Netflix, the box needs to be rebooted first, otherwise Netflix is unusable, even if you get a program to start playing it keeps stopping and sound cutting out.  Then to get out of Netflix by pressing LiveTV the screen goes black for about 10 mins before it quits out of Netflix back to LiveTV.

I suspect it's probably our box, as surely this forum would have lots of complaints if everyone was experiencing this.  Its just such a pain if we have to have our box swapped out, losing recording and series links etc.

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 394
Flag for a moderator

Hi apwheeler

Thanks for your post and sorry to hear you are having some issues with your TiVo® service.  It would be great if you would allow us to look into this in a bit more detail for you and I am sending you a message with the information I'd need to help support you in this query.

You can find this message on your forum page in the little red envelope at the top left hand corner of the page.

Hopefully we can get this sorted for you, and you can get back to enjoying the unique benefits of our TiVo® service.

Cheers.

Karen

Karen_A
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 394
Flag for a moderator

Hi gravy1

Thanks for your post. 

I'd really like to help look at resolving this TiVo® service issue for you also if you would like me to help you.  I am sending you a message to request the details needed.

You can find the message in the little red envelope at the top left hand corner of your screen next to your forum name.

Speak soon

Karen

Karen_A
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

TonyM
Fibre optic
Message 6 of 394
Flag for a moderator

Nice to see that Virgin have responded to your Post all I got was a Forum Busy Body

so Karen what is the latest on reference NKE5332.

Vivid 300 +V 6 Rocks EXCEPT with AV AMPS
!!!! Shame Anywhere that is NOT on mobile network when out
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 394
Flag for a moderator

Hi Tony

Thanks for your post.

I've checked into the reference you supplied and there are no updates on this at present.  It does state this is a ticket that was raised for slow menu response on the TiVo® service issues that some of our customers were experiencing.  If your situation is different to this then please can you let us know so we can look into that further for you.

if you are still experiencing the same issue then my apologies. If we get an update on this in the near future I will gladly come back and update you.

Thanks again

Karen

Karen_A
Forum Team

0 Kudos
TonyM
Fibre optic
Message 8 of 394
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Karen

No the problem still persists even after a daily reboot:-

The Plum Update was most aptly Named!! because it really was a PLUM or even a LEMON!

Tivo Definitely Murdered by Virginmedia Plum in my Living room

I just waited 21 seconds for "My Shows" to Appear

Vivid 300 +V 6 Rocks EXCEPT with AV AMPS
!!!! Shame Anywhere that is NOT on mobile network when out
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 394
Flag for a moderator

Hi TonyM

I can check to see if there is anything else that could possibly be affecting your TiVo® service.

Have you checked with us recently to see if the reference you gave previously is the cause of the issue?  It might be something else underlying we could potentially help with that would help fix this for you.  It's definitely worth trying if you like I'll be happy to look into it for you.

Let me know if you want us to look at it further.

Thanks

Karen

Karen_A
Forum Team

0 Kudos
jason1985
Tuning in
Message 10 of 394
Flag for a moderator

Hello Karen,

Sorry to jump in on this but I've been having TiVo speed issues as well. I did a search online and was directed to this thread so signed up to see if you could be of assistance. At first I thought it was slow due to lots of shows being stored so I deleted everything off it and gave the box a reset. It's still very slow. When you press home it takes up to a minute for the display to show everything. 

Please help!