Menu
Spangles54
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

TiVo box problems

We have had a fault with our TiVo box for approximately six months.  Programmes that are recorded stutter and pixelate.  We had two new boxes in a short period of time when the problem was first brought to Virgins attention but finally it was decided it was an intermittent fault somewhere outside our premises and the engineer left and we were not contacted again.  I phoned recently to report the ongoing problem and recorded off a programme and someone was supposed to phone back.  They didn't.  Furthermore we are now having problems with our series links.  We are hard of hearing and use subtitles but on occasion rather than recording the box just shoves us through to on demand I.e. The hub or iplayer.  We cannot get subtitles

0 Kudos
jonathanlouis
Knows their stuff
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: TiVo box problems

forum team can help you out with this because they know the best way forward to handle this they can test your box for issues then they will private message you to give more help and advice thats between you and the team so they can help you in the best way jonni forum customer /helper to help the team out giving a hand
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hello Spangles54,

Sorry to hear about the ongoing issues you're experiencing with your TiVo® box. 

I understand you've had engineers out before to change the box but because it's still happening it may be the cables that need replacing so if it's okay with you I would like to arrange for another visit to find out why it's still happening.

If you click on the purple envelope at the top right of the screen you will see a message waiting for you with further information.

Speak to you soon

Rose
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
frank_gm
Community elder
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Rose_B wrote:

Hello Spangles54,

Sorry to hear about the ongoing issues you're experiencing with your TiVo® box. 

I understand you've had engineers out before to change the box but because it's still happening it may be the cables that need replacing so if it's okay with you I would like to arrange for another visit to find out why it's still happening.

If you click on the purple envelope at the top right of the screen you will see a message waiting for you with further information.

Speak to you soon

Dear oh dear Rose_B

Spangles54 specifically says "Programmes that are recorded stutter and pixelate." and the problem goes on and on for him and you still fail to mention  'Bug #357803 frame rate drop'  that you know about because you told me about it.

Why will no-one in the Forum team even consider it as a possible cause when customers report similar problems?  Why don't you pass it back to your expert who thought that it was a very rare problem because he had not heard any reports of it affecting customers?

The problem discussed in detail :-

http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Virgin-Media-TiVo-service/TIVO-picture-glitches-at-10-mins-past-...

Nice to be able to post again, after their mistake (removed by the Censorship team).
¡No Pasarán!
0 Kudos