Helpful Answers
frank_gm
Community elder
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: TiVo box problems

Telewest wrote:

Please check online for your area to see if there is any network troubles if yes then report on the phone or on this forum.  ( 2 & 2A )

Check all this below...

1) TiVo  system info should be showing software version: 20.5.7.RC24-VMC-2-C00   at this time.

There are a few ways to speed up the TiVo & re-fresh the box.

2) Power down the TiVo once a month will re-fresh the software and update network link.

2A) While the box is powered from the wall plug check all cables that link the box as they can move and this can stop a trouble later.

3) Also if you do not use the Thumbs on your shows you like or dislike this can be switched off and that can help with speed.

4) Clear out all shows recorded that you do not need as the hard drive can slow down as if fills up.

5) Make sure all vents on the box are cleared to help cooling which help stop damages and keep speed at max with all electric bits.

Hope this was of help

This is just repeating the nonsense spewed out by the Forum team.

If this was true then explain this. I had both of my boxes replaced last month, one Cisco and one Samsung (both 1TB), and from day one with no recorded programmes, no thumbs, both boxes were as slow as reported by numerous other users on these forums.

Nice to be able to post again, after their mistake (removed by the Censorship team).
¡No Pasarán!

All Replies
jonathanlouis
Knows their stuff
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

lambstertruck you did right thing in being in contact with help team if you didnt get anywhere with help from them then the forum team will be in contact with you testing the box if they find any fault they will contact you buy private message check out diagnostics page on settings via system that should tell you the fault wait for contact from team jonni
0 Kudos
Telewest
Dialled in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Please check online for your area to see if there is any network troubles if yes then report on the phone or on this forum.  ( 2 & 2A )

Check all this below...

1) TiVo  system info should be showing software version: 20.5.7.RC24-VMC-2-C00   at this time.

2) Power down the TiVo once a month will re-fresh the software and update network link.

2A) While the box is powered from the wall plug check all cables that link the box as they can move and this can stop a trouble later.

3) Also if you do not use the Thumbs on your shows you like or dislike this can be switched off and that can help with speed.

4) Clear out all shows recorded that you do not need as the hard drive can slow down as if fills up.

5) Make sure all vents on the box are cleared to help cooling which help stop damages and keep speed at max with all electric bits.

Hope this was of help

0 Kudos
Lambstertruck
Joining in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Have tried all the above and even spoke to customer service too
Still no joy think I may go to sky
0 Kudos
frank_gm
Community elder
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Telewest wrote:

Check all this below...

Hope this was of help

This is just repeating the nonsense spewed out by the Forum team.

If this was true then explain this. I had both of my boxes replaced last month, one Cisco and one Samsung (both 1TB), and from day one with no recorded programmes, no thumbs, both boxes were as slow as reported by numerous other users on these forums.

Nice to be able to post again, after their mistake (removed by the Censorship team).
¡No Pasarán!
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hey Lambstertruck

Welcome to the Community, I'm really sorry to learn about the problems you're experiencing with your TiVo service at the moment.

I've been able to locate your account to take a closer look and run some tests on the set top box from our end for you, we're detecting some slight errors and I'd like to arrange for a member of the team to come and take a closer look.

It's worth mentioning that we are aware of an issue with slowness to the TiVo service that some of our customers are experiencing at the moment, we're working hard to get this resolved and when there's an update available, we'll post about it [here].

I've sent you information regarding the issues you're experiencing in a private message, which you can view by clicking the envelope on the top right of this page.

We'll talk soon

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos