Menu
buffy24
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 15
Flag for a moderator

TiVo box pixelating

I have problems with my 1Tb Tivo box. It is pixellating and locking up shows, especially those I've recorded.

Problems are not confined to any particualr channel.

its been going on for some time but is getting worse

if I have to have a new box is it possible firstly to keep my existing series links

and secondly do I lose all my recorded programs?

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
sjp123
Problem sorter
Message 2 of 15
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: TiVo box pixelating

series links are available to copy onto your new box once it's been installed and is up and running.

recordings, unfortunately, are lost.

call it in. if required, you will be able to book an engineer at the time it suits you when you do - a VM rep will be along in a while but there'll be a little to and fro before you get an engineer booked.

sjp123
Problem sorter
Message 4 of 15
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

I always think it's quicker to call it in, you get a chance to choose the call out that suits you while you're on the phone. when a VM rep picks this up they'll send you a direct message offering what slots are available at that time - you reply to this with your selection, hopefully it's still available, you see how it can take a bit longer than talking to them.

the call centre should be able to do the checks required to figure out your problem, personally I've never had a problem (on the few occasions I've called) getting them to understand what I need from them - maybe I've been lucky.

All Replies
sjp123
Problem sorter
Message 2 of 15
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

series links are available to copy onto your new box once it's been installed and is up and running.

recordings, unfortunately, are lost.

call it in. if required, you will be able to book an engineer at the time it suits you when you do - a VM rep will be along in a while but there'll be a little to and fro before you get an engineer booked.

buffy24
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Understood thank you.  Will this problem be picked up or do I have to ring it in (usually a problem) 

0 Kudos
sjp123
Problem sorter
Message 4 of 15
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

I always think it's quicker to call it in, you get a chance to choose the call out that suits you while you're on the phone. when a VM rep picks this up they'll send you a direct message offering what slots are available at that time - you reply to this with your selection, hopefully it's still available, you see how it can take a bit longer than talking to them.

the call centre should be able to do the checks required to figure out your problem, personally I've never had a problem (on the few occasions I've called) getting them to understand what I need from them - maybe I've been lucky.

buffy24
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Thanks sjp123 for the advice. I rang up and an engineer visit is arranged.  I also now have an idea what to expect

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) BenD_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 6 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Hi Buffy24,

Cheers for popping back in and letting us know about what's been going on, pixelation issues can be awful when it happens.

I would like to know how the engineer goes, be sure to write back soon when they have been Smiley Happy

Take care.

Ben

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
buffy24
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Hi a new box is being installed at the moment. The engineer states that he cannot save the series links why is this?  He said that he does not know how it's done.

help please as I do not want to lose them

0 Kudos
buffy24
On our wavelength
Message 8 of 15
Flag for a moderator

The new box is in OK. I have worked out the way to copy the links across but have hit a problem. The old box shows as disconnected but no links show. Is it a matter of waiting 

0 Kudos
DaveSS61
Joining in
Message 9 of 15
Flag for a moderator

I have the exact same issue, re pixelation.

Seems to be worst with HD channels but I had all the BBC channels last week completely unwatchable.
Used the online chat service and the foreign gentlemen 'ran a test' and he waffled about a local known issue that would be resolved.
Sounded like he had no real clue, and it's still happening so the problem's with the TIVO box

As I'm relatively new to Virgin's current services - having previously been a broadband only user for more than 10 years - I'm interested to know the best way to deal with it. 

0 Kudos
buffy24
On our wavelength
Message 10 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Hi daveSS61

i had the problem with pixelating and it got worse. Thanks to the advice of sjp123 my box has been change read what he has said it really helped me

0 Kudos