Menu
JF76
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

TiVo box painfully slow

Since a recent upgrade my TiVo box is painfully slow. It takes ages to playback recordings and trying to use iPlayer requires far more patience than I possess. 

Any suggestions on how to speed it up? I doubt I'll use the new features so I'm happy to revert back to earlier software if that will solve the problem.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: TiVo box painfully slow

Hi JF76

I'm so sorry to learn about the problems you're experiencing with your TV service lately. We are aware of an issue some of our customers are experiencing with their TiVo service being slow.

You can keep up to date with that issue on [this thread].

Apologies again for the inconvenience caused

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
fireinthehole
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: TiVo box painfully slow

You are not alone,, thousands of us have sluggish, TIVo boxes.  It's maddening. You have to use the stupid thumbs down feature to partially 'reset your box, which fixes it for two days, then the issue is back again! 

I'm just off the phone with BT, I'm going to move because I am sick to the back teeth of this KNOWN  issue with Virgin Tivo boxes.

My friend has  BT TV and it is WAY superior to the Tivo boxes. My Tivo has been painfully slow for months and months now....and its not good enough,

So  this loyal Virgin media user (over 12 years now) has said enough is enough and I'm moving to a TV service which delivers a service far beyond the outdated and infuriating  Tivo TV service. 

0 Kudos