Menu
foxhole
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

TiVo box noisy HDD, poor user interface performance - time for updated hardware?

Hi all,

Since I had Virgin TV & TiVo box installed (about a year ago I think), the HDD has always been very noisy, it can be heard knocking away even when nothing is being recorded, is this typical? In addition to this the performance of the TiVo user interface is very inconsistent and ranges from excessively slow to respond (almost frozen with the circular dots displayed) to just acceptable. Typically our hard drive ranges from 25-50% full, never near max capacity. 

I was just wondering if Virgin are due to release an upgraded box anytime real soon, if so does anyone know when? Surely the outdated hardware is already way overdue an upgrade, I have been seriously considering moving back to Sky as I never experienced any of these issues, even with their older boxes.

Thanks all.

0 Kudos
Tavis75
Well-informed
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: TiVo box noisy HDD, poor user interface performance - time for updated hardware?

The TiVo is constantly recording the 3 channels it is tuned to unless in standby, so the hard disk will be running all the time, hence the noise.

There is a new box due later this year, though there is not a release date yet, you can sign up to express your interest here:

https://keepup.virginmedia.com/befirst/?cs

0 Kudos