Menu
Blobby1
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

TiVo box noise

There's an extremely irritating 'drumming' noise that we've now discovered is coming from the TiVo box. Has anyone else noticed this and what is the remedy?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: TiVo box noise

Hi there Blobby1, 

Firstly I'd like to welcome you to the forums, and say that I'm really sorry to hear that you're experiencing some additional noise from your TiVo® at the moment. 

I've double checked the network and can see that we're currently aware of an issue in the area that will mean that your TiVo® will be working extra hard especially during busy periods - this could explain the issue.

The estimated fix time for this issue is 08/04/2016, so I'll set a reminder to check on this again once the fault has been restored.

Apologies once again. 

Huw

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: TiVo box noise

Hi there Blobby1, 

As promised, I've checked the connection after the local issue was marked as restored, and the testing I've completed is showing that there is a problem with the signal to your TiVo® and a potential Hard Drive issue. 

I think it's best to arrange for a technician to call out and investigate further for you so I'll send you a private message in order to arrange this for you. 

Please look to the top right of this page where you'll see a purple envelope icon, click on this and you'll see my message. 

Many thanks and apologies once again. 

Huw

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos