Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 3 (436 Views)

TiVo box noise

I have read several posts concerning the noise emitted from the TiVo box. I too have this problem having recently "upgraded" from a Samsung made V+ box. The noise is unbearable and I have twice had different engineers out to look at the box. The best I get from them is "put some bubble wrap under it" - imagine the wife's face when I placed about 2" of bubble wrap under the box in the nice oak TV cabinet - not happy I can tell you. I asked the second engineer who visited if I could revert back to using the V+ box, he said he'd do the necessary and contact me the next day - guess what - NO CONTACT.

I enquired about having the new V6 box but was told it would cost me £100 for it to be connected. I have been with Virgin for donkeys (was NTL then) so I believe it is about time I looked at switching to someone else as obviously LOYALTY counts for nothing with VM.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solutions
Up to speed
Message 2 of 3 (804 Views)
Helpful Answer
confirmed by Mickr2
‎17-03-2017 08:25

Re: TiVo box noise

Hi Mickr2,

The sounds you are hearing from the box is probably the internal hard disk drive failing, this will be true if the noise is a clicking that your hearing.

Virgin do charge existing customers to upgrade to the new V6 box and there really is no way around this other than to say your going to cancel and then speak to someone who has a lot more power in order to retain a customer.

It's a harsh way to go about it but the best and quickest way.

Hope this helps!

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

All Replies
Up to speed
Message 2 of 3 (805 Views)
Helpful Answer
confirmed by Mickr2
‎17-03-2017 08:25

Hi Mickr2,

The sounds you are hearing from the box is probably the internal hard disk drive failing, this will be true if the noise is a clicking that your hearing.

Virgin do charge existing customers to upgrade to the new V6 box and there really is no way around this other than to say your going to cancel and then speak to someone who has a lot more power in order to retain a customer.

It's a harsh way to go about it but the best and quickest way.

Hope this helps!

Forum Team
Message 3 of 3 (384 Views)

Hi Mickr2,

Welcome to the Community!

I'm really sorry to hear you're having trouble with a noisy TiVo®.

The sound of the box definitely shouldn't be audible over your regular programs. Just a gentle humming. The box can be noisier on certain surfaces, especially glass.

What kind of noise do you get from the box? Is it a loud, clicking noise or a whirring noise?

Speak soon Smiley Very Happy

Josh

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos