Menu
MelM
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

TiVo box making noticeable rumble noise

Hi

My TiVo box is making a noticeable rumble noise - I can hear it over the tv. I have tried putting soft pads under the feet but it hasn't worked. I am sure the sound is louder than it should be. I have to turn the tv up and can still hear it. Does anyone have any suggestions or can someone from the forum team please help?

Thanks

Mel
0 Kudos
sjp123
Problem sorter
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: TiVo box making noticeable rumble noise

did the pads make any difference?

does it help if you pick it up?

could be the shelf is amplifying mildly above average vibration noise but, if the answer to either or both of these is no then you're in for a box replacement, start watching any backlog you have before VM come to swap it.

self promo time Smiley Happy have a read of the post below before you let VM leave.

http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Virgin-Media-TiVo-service/TiVo-replaced-things-to-double-check-b...

0 Kudos
MelM
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi sjp, thanks for your answer. Unfortunately neither the pads or picking it up really help.

I have tried my best to fix the problem myself but I can't think of anything else to do. It is loud and I can't really be in the room without the tv on and turned up as its all I can hear.

0 Kudos
sjp123
Problem sorter
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

use headphones Smiley Happy

time for an engineer methinks, you can either wait until a VM forum rep wanders by or call it in - calling in gives you an amount of control over the appointment, waiting for a forum rep might add a day or so to the booking time (could be they don't see this post until later now that we've bumped it up to the top, the appointment they make for you might not be suitable so you then end up in a private message to and fro until they get you a suitable slot).

0 Kudos
MelM
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your help. If I don't get a response on here I will give them a call when I get a moment 😊
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi MelM

Welcome to the Community, sorry I didn't get to your post sooner and for the problems you're experiencing with your TiVo box at the moment. 

I've been able to locate your account and can see that action has been arranged to get this issue resolved, I'd love to hear how it goes!

Look forward to hearing from you

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos