Menu
wricci
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

TiVo box keeps turning off completely when I turn my TV off

Hi. I have recently just had the new TiVo box installed and set it all up but I am having an issue with it.

When I put my TV into standby mode it turns my TiVo box off completely which means it doesn't record any programmes that are set to record. It is like the box has been turned off at the wall socket.

I'm guessing it has something to do with the frequency that both remote controls use are the same so it is turning the box off completely?

Is there a way around this without having to leave my tele on 24/7?

Thanks
0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Forum Team (Retired) BenD_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: TiVo box keeps turning off completely when I turn my TV off

Good afternoon Wricci Smiley Happy

Thank you for taking the time out to write to us in the Community, I hope you're enjoying your day so far. 

I'm sorry to read about the TiVo box turning off, this isn't the best and can sometimes be a sign of it shutting off due to an error. 

I have been able to test the TV services and have found a few issues that I really would like to take a look at. Your downstream power level on the modem is looking a little peaky and would need some adjusting. 

I've sent you a 'Private Message', you can find this by clicking on the little purple envelope near the top right of the page.

Stay in touch and have a great day.

Ben

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

All Replies
Forum Team (Retired) BenD_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: TiVo box keeps turning off completely when I turn my TV off

Good afternoon Wricci Smiley Happy

Thank you for taking the time out to write to us in the Community, I hope you're enjoying your day so far. 

I'm sorry to read about the TiVo box turning off, this isn't the best and can sometimes be a sign of it shutting off due to an error. 

I have been able to test the TV services and have found a few issues that I really would like to take a look at. Your downstream power level on the modem is looking a little peaky and would need some adjusting. 

I've sent you a 'Private Message', you can find this by clicking on the little purple envelope near the top right of the page.

Stay in touch and have a great day.

Ben

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know