Menu
Kelzm84
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

TiVo box keeps resetting

My TiVo box keeps making a grinding sound then freezes and restarts itself. It doesn't always restart properly neither. It spent several hours this morning stating the starting up screen to then go black saying no signal to then return to starting up screen. It did this for the first time yesterday but restarted straight away. I decided to unplug it all and use our second standard box which kept saying the card wasn't registered? Or something and had majority of channels missing. Have re connected the TiVo box and it has just restarted itself after failing to twice. Not sure what is going on. Do I need a new TiVo box?
0 Kudos
steviet1
Joining in
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: TiVo box keeps resetting

My box does it as well mate 3 or 4 times a week. Need a new box, Virgin will replace free of charge.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi kelzm84,

Welcome to the forums Smiley Happy

I'm sorry to hear that your box isn't loading up for you.  I will be happy to help and take a look at this for you.

I have connected to your box remotely and all is look ok from here.  Is the box back on now for you?

If you can please let me know if all is ok or if you're still having the fault, I can help further if you need me.

Keep me posted Smiley Happy

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi steviet1,

Thanks for popping by Smiley Happy

I would like to help check this out for you.  Are you still getting this fault with the box rebooting itself?

If so, let me know and I can check further for you.

I'm here to help if you need me.

0 Kudos
Kelzm84
Joining in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

The box restarted eventually and has since reset itself once. It has been fine since then until now. It has froze and tried to reboot half hour ago and has yet to come back on. Keeps flashing black then starting up screen. I've noticed that if it comes up on starting up screen without the little red clock before it it will not restart. I've switched it off at the back and put it back on just now and it tried to start twice before it's just come onto starting up screen with the clock so would seem it is now coming back on but obviously with this happening regularly now it's not good
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Kelzm84,

Thanks for your reply Smiley Happy

That's not good that the issue is still present.  I will arrange for an engineer to call out and get this fixed for you.

All the details will be in a private message I'll send to you now. Smiley Happy

(Look out for the envelope icon above)

0 Kudos
camela
Joining in
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

It requires to  reset your Virgin Media TiVo box, follow the steps mentioned below:

- Select “Help & Settings” on the Home screen

- Choose “Clear” or “Reset set top box”.

- Select "Restart" or "Reset System"

Now you have to choose from the 4 options mentioned below.

- Restart the set top box

- Clear Thumb ratings and Suggestions

- Clear Programme information & My Planned Recordings

- Clear & delete everything

In case you are not still not satisfied with the solution you can visit Virgin Media customer services here.

0 Kudos