Menu
dockers66
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

TiVo box keeps freezing then takes an age to start up.

This TiVo box if it went any slower it would stop...and stop it does.  it keeps freezing so I unplug the plug for a minute then plug it back in then the box spends at least 10 mins starting up.

The lights flick on and off go from 3 red lights to a blue light then red, eventually it come s back to life.

Why are these boxes so slow even when going to the menu it takes an age, if i want to switch channel then again it's so slow.

Suggestions who within virgin thought this would be a good idea this needs removing or have the option  to switch this off....it stops my actual programmes from recording as it thinks I am recording too many. I have gone and put the down thumb on lots but it still keeps recording rubbish.

I am really regretting moving my tv to virgin. Why can't the tv be as good as your broadband.

0 Kudos
jonathanlouis
Knows their stuff
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: TiVo box keeps freezing then takes an age to start up.

dockers 66 im only a forum customer and helper to help others with tv issues so the forum team can answer your issues quickly its tivo thats slow they can run a check list on their system to find issues with your box or a fault they will get back to u if they find anything concerning private message you all the best from forum customer jonni
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

What did the Faults team say when you talked to them?

You'll get an immediate response if you give them a ring on 150 (from 08:00 until midnight, every day), or use the Contact Us link at the bottom of this page to initiate a live chat (from 08:00 until 20:00, Monday to Saturday)

This is primarily a user community forum and while the VM forum team do endeavour to read and, where appropriate, respond to every thread, it can take them a few days to wade through the volume of posts. So for an technical issue, which this seems to be, your best line of inquiry is through the Faults team via the methods above.

TV: XL+SkySports V6
BB: 200Mbps SuperHub: Arris
Loc: ME10
    Please use the Search feature before starting a new thread
To thank or if you Like a post, use the Kudos +button. If it's an answer to your query, click Options.
Finally, if all else fails, take a deep breath and remember there's more to life than the internet and TV!
0 Kudos
dockers66
Joining in
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi, spoke to an Indian lady could hardly understand what she said, but the gist was they were going to do some testing on the box and I would receive a text to advise that the tests had finished.  what a surprise no text or e-mail.   waste of time and still this crappy box freezes and is so slow..

Have switched it off at the mains more times you can shake a stick then wait the 10hrs it takes  to "wake up"  and then start up

Please do something about these TiVo boxes they are rubbish you shouldn't have to wait 10 -15 seconds to change channels or have to keep rebooting the sodding thing because it freezes.  seems a common theme on this forum.

0 Kudos
jonathanlouis
Knows their stuff
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

forum team can sort this out for you if you dont like the responce from help team 150 then the team can help you get this sorted if you dont agree with any of that you have no choice really if you want help with box let the forum team help with issue jonni
0 Kudos
dockers66
Joining in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

You say I have no choice,  but I haven't been given any choice yet.  Still waiting for someone from 150 to get in touch to advise if there is anything wrong ?  the forum team suggested i ring 150 i did and i wait......

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Frustratingly it sounds as if you've been fobbed off by offshore.

Give them another ring and ask for a tech visit.

TV: XL+SkySports V6
BB: 200Mbps SuperHub: Arris
Loc: ME10
    Please use the Search feature before starting a new thread
To thank or if you Like a post, use the Kudos +button. If it's an answer to your query, click Options.
Finally, if all else fails, take a deep breath and remember there's more to life than the internet and TV!