Menu
Queenofhearts
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

TiVo box keeps buffering while watching Netflix

Please help my Netflix keeps stoping and buffering at 25 %. Then do checks and normally everything working but I get one of the green lights (R/H)on the front of TiVo box flashing when this stops and I get two green lights Netflix will play again. I spoke to Netflix and they said it is virgins fault and I need my DNS cache cleared but it's not something I can do I would have to phone virgin (he made it sound a simple task )so tried to get virgin to do this but lady I spoke to at call centre gave me number to call but this was a Netflix number so after 20 mins I was back where I started. Please help as it's driving me made and I'm considering cancelling I can't watch anything without a interruption.
0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) BenD_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: TiVo box keeps buffering while watching Netflix

Hi Queenofharts,

Thank you for taking the tie to reach out to the Community, welcome in Smiley Happy

I'm very sorry to learn about the TiVo's Netflix buffering at 25%, I've been testing the connection and I've been able to see some issues on the TiVo and would like to help adjust a few things with the box to help. 

I've sent you a 'Private Message', you can find this by clicking on the little purple envelope near the top right of the page.

Stay in touch and have a great day.

Ben

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
sarahrose
Tuning in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi there,

I have been experiencing the same issue now for months and I really should have complained about it sooner because it's getting to the point where I can't watching anything for more than a few minutes without it sotppin to buffer, and then says that it can't play my show.

This doesn't happen when I watch Netflix on the computer so it must be a TiVO problem.

Please can it be fixed as a matter of urgency? Other wise I will have to consider changing services all together.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi sarahrose

I'm very sorry to hear about the problems you're experiencing when trying to use Netflix. As your issue is slightly different to the 25% issue I'd like to take a good look at the set top box from our end. 

To allow me do to so, could you respond to the private message I've sent with the requested information? You can view the message by clicking the purple envelope on the top right of this page.

Sorry again for the inconvenience this is causing, we're looking forward to putting it right.

Talk soon

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
sarahrose
Tuning in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Craig,

I don't know if my issue is different from the 25% issue - what happens is I start watching something then it stops and tried to rebuffer and stops at 25% before telling me there is a problem with my internet connection, even though there is not.

When I go to "More details" and check the connection, it sometimes says there is a problem with the Netflix Server at the top of the list which comes up with a red cross after it has been checked.

Happy to respond to your private message but I've not received anything yet.

thanks

0 Kudos