Menu
grandpabern
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

TiVo box issues

My TiVo box is taking much longer to set a recording or series link. The rotating 'thinking' symbol can take 3 or 4 minutes until eventually the programme is set to record and it previously was virtually instant. Also, recorded programmes are progressively getting worse with freezing and breaking up into block pixels. I have done the usual reboot several times now and it does not cure anything. There are no issues with 'live' TV. Please can someone advise way forward or do I need a new box. Thanks.

0 Kudos
Parrotperson
Super solver
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: TiVo box issues

Could be your signal level but then I'd expect problems with live tv. So I think you might have a dying box. Phone in for an engineer. 

0 Kudos
skeggman
Up to speed
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I had similar problems and had my TiVo replaced. Recordings are now good and I have no freezing or blocking issues but the series linking is still painfully slow (not as bad as you report mind you!), along with everything else the box does. If you can face losing all of your existing recordings you might as well get them to replace it and they did it without quibble. I don't regret having it done but was disappointed that the overall improvement in user experience was pretty much zero - so set your expectations as low as you can.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi grandpabern,

Welcome tot he community Smiley Happy

I'm sorry to hear that your recordings are freezing for you and that the series links are taking a while to setup.  I'll be happy to help check this out for you.

I have carried out some checks and signal wise all looks fine from here.  There does appear to be some errors when checking the hard drive status, in order to get this fixed I will arrange for an engineer to call out for you.

I'll send the details in a private message.  (Look for the envelope icon above)

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
grandpabern
Joining in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Collette,

My TiVo box has now been replaced and problems are probably all fixed (haven't tried recordings long enough to yet tell). However, I'm now trying to copy over my series links etc. to the new box. I've followed the instructions and I am at the tvanywhere level in the Manage my TiVo menu, but there is no "Copy tivo settings" option as the instructions require. I would attach a screenshot, but this format does not seem to allow that. Can you please advise how I can progress with copying my old series links etc. Many thanks, 

Grandpabern.

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) BenD_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Grandpabern Smiley Happy

Thanks for coming back and letting the Community know it was a success Smiley Happy

Collette's not in right now but I'd love to help Smiley Happy

Looking at the link, I assume here, I'd like to ask that the TiVo has been connected via the Ethernet cable directly into the Hub? 

I've had a look myself and I can see them for my own 2 TiVo's I have in the home, when you see your TiVo it should look a little like this:-

My TiVo Boxes

My TiVo shows

My Planned Recordings

My Series Links

My Wishlists

My Thumbs 

CopyTiVo Settings

Speak to you soon.

Ben

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
grandpabern
Joining in
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Ben, I guess that's it, I'm getting round it manually now and am adding in the series links gradually. So not a big issue. Regards, Bern.

0 Kudos