Menu
gothichustler
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

TiVo box is very noisy

Our house had 2 boxes, 1 old v+ box and 1 TiVo 500gb (Cisco). This week the v+ was "upgraded" to a TiVo 1TB (Samsung). The noise from the buffering hard drive is positively awful. The TV has to be quite loud to drown it out and if the TV is off the noise is unbearable. An engineer came yesterday and said all the boxes make noise but some are worse than others! He changed the box for another 1TB Samsung but the noise is exactly the same!! My 500gb TiVo does not make this noise so I don't see why I should have to put up with this. I think with prices set to rise again sky might finally get my vote!! 

0 Kudos
gothichustler
Joining in
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: TiVo box is very noisy

I have an engineer coming out this evening, second time this week. Customer services said I shouldn't let him go until I'm happy the noise issue is resolved. This could be a long night considering the time it takes to run set up before the box starts normal processing and hope he has plenty of boxes!! It's all very disappointing though as from other forums this is clearly a common issue and Virgin don't seem to have fixed it!! I'm also fed up at losing recordings and the ridiculous time it takes to set up series links again. In this day and age surely we should be able to save this stuff to our profiles. 

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) BenD_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Gothichustler,

Thank you for coming back and dropping in a message in the Forum Smiley Happy

I'm sorry to learn about the noise on the TiVo and would love to know how things went on the Friday?

Keep in touch and if there's anything that you do need then please let me know Smiley Happy

Ben

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
gothichustler
Joining in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

The engineer came and tried another Samsung 1TB again very noisy. Swapped for a Cisco 1TB which is better but still noisier than my 500gb box. He said the TV cabinet (wood) was contributing which again I find difficult to accept when my last box lived in it for several years with no bother. I am now on engineer advice trying different things under the box to muffle the sound. So not really satisfied but it's improved on before.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi thanks for the update gothichustler,

I'm sorry to hear it's not gone entirely, let us know how you get on.

If you need any further assistance, don't hesitate to give us a shout.

Collette Smiley Happy

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
minichris
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I cut out 4 foam pads for each corner in our wood cabinet, worked great Smiley Wink 

0 Kudos