Menu
willas00
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

TiVo box has died. Saving recordings?

Hey,

First time on the forum so please bare with me.

My TiVo box seem's to of died this evening and comes up with the green screen saying the DVR has detected a serious problem.

Rang up Virgin Media and the guy told me the box has died and needs replacing. (Currently on the phone right now)

He's trying to arrange for my box to be replaced tomorrow however I mentioned to him I was not happy as I'd loose my recordings.

He asked if I have Virgin TV Anywhere which I do and said I would be able to transfer my recordings.

Is there any truth in this? If not I guess there is no way of saving my recordings and and scheduled recordings etc?

Cheers

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: TiVo box has died. Saving recordings?

You can use an option in the TV Anywhere website to transfer your series links from your previous box to the new one when it arrives:

How to copy TiVo Settings

However there is no ability to transfer existing recordings from an existing TiVo box to anywhere else.

I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
0 Kudos

All Replies
lfcfan1
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

sounds like you have lost the lot !! change your service to sky tv better box better channels no pixel

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

You can use an option in the TV Anywhere website to transfer your series links from your previous box to the new one when it arrives:

How to copy TiVo Settings

However there is no ability to transfer existing recordings from an existing TiVo box to anywhere else.

0 Kudos
lfcfan1
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

hes on about his shows he saved series link no good how can he watch the shows hes lost ?

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

There is no way to transfer recordings - especially as in this case it's the hard drive that has a fault.

I would point out the Sky don't offer any option to transfer recordings between boxes as part of any fault replacement either.
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

lfcfan1 wrote:

sounds like you have lost the lot !! change your service to sky tv better box better channels no pixel

I don't see any compliants from the OP about his service.

You still lose your recordings if a Sky box fails, so you are no better off with them in this situation.

SU1617jpeg.jpg

Cable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV+), Talk Unlim Telco, VIVID 100, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos