Menu
Kes77
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

TiVo box freezing during playback

I was just reading a post from another user with the same problem - for over a fortnight now the box has been freezing and jumping during playback, even programmes that I recorded months ago. Last weekend we lost most of the programme information on the guide - it just says 'To be announced' and now series links are not recording. When trying to watch Catch Up, I get an error message that says the box needs to connect to Virgin Media but connecting hasn't improved anything. I've just run the service test through the website and it says no fault. I can't ring 150 as we don't have a landline phone just now - can the moderator help me to get an appointment with an engineer please? From the previous post I read, I think we need a replacement box.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: TiVo box freezing during playback

Hi there Kes77, 

Firstly I'd like to welcome you to the forums and say that I'm really sorry to hear that you're experiencing an issue with your TiVo® recordings.  You certainly seem to have done your home work on this Smiley Happy 

I've done some testing and can see an issue with the hard drive, as you suspected, and I'd like to arrange someone to call out and investigate further. 

I've sent you a private message, so please look to the top right of this page where you'll see a purple envelope icon, click on this and you'll see my message. 

Many thanks and apologies once again. 

Huw

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos