Menu
tiggerkiller
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

TiVo box freezing and making clicking noises

hi, we have recently suffering from freezing whilst watching recordings or viewing catchup/Netflix. 

I have seen similar posts on here but no resolution.. Please can you help?

0 Kudos
Parrotperson
Super solver
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: TiVo box freezing and making clicking noises

You may have a dying box or at least a dying hard drive. Phone in for an engineer. 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi there tiggerkiller, 

I'd like to take this opportunity to welcome you to the forums and say that I'm really sorry to hear that you've been experiencing some strange going ons with your TiVo®. 

From what you've described it certainly sounds like Parrotperson has hit the nail on the head, I've attempted to run some testing on the TiVo® however it is currently showing as offline. This may well be because it's powered off at the moment. 

However this may also be down to the fault that you're experiencing. Could you please let me know if the TiVo® was powered on at the time I run these tests. 

Many thanks and apologies again. 

Huw

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
tiggerkiller
Joining in
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Good day Huw,

the unit is still currently running, but likely it was in standby mode when you ran your tests. 

We will arrange for an engineer to attend but the fault seems very intermittent and only lasts for a short period (5 seconds max)

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi tiggerkiller,

Thanks for your reply Smiley Happy

I have been able to check your box remotely and there is a signal fault that requires the attention of an engineer to call round.

I will be happy to arrange an appointment for you.  I will send all the details in a private message, look for the envelope icon above.

Collette Smiley Happy

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
MandarinW4
Joining in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I've had the box about 2 weeks.  Every 30 minutes or so it freezes, makes lots of clicking sounds, then reboots - taking about 20 minutes to complete.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

HI MandarinW4

Welcome to the Community, usually we ask that you create your own thread so we can keep track of the conversation but I'd really like to take a look at this for you.

I've been able to locate your account and run some tests on the set top box from our end for you, we're not detecting anything unusual at the moment although as the box is new, I'd like to arrange for a member of the team to come and take a closer look if you're still experiencing the problem.

I've sent you information regarding this in a private message, which you can view by clicking the purple envelope on the top right of this page.

We'll talk soon

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos