Menu
Comeonsillytivo
Tuning in
Message 1 of 11
Flag for a moderator

TiVo box error code 7012

Hello everyone. Need some help. Had broadband and phone for 5 years, now got a TiVo box and subscription on tuesday.

Setup up according to instructions, rang to activate, main white cable to new splitter then colour coded to router and TiVo etc.

Router is fine all working, TiVo runs through check list, all fine, gets to last one network configuration, stays there with red clock for ages then gives error code 7012.

Tried tech support, not much help, just resetting box check cables etc. Tried hard resetting router back to factory defaults. And tried disconnecting router and connecting main white co-ax straight to tivo. Does exactly same every time. Engineer coming on Tues, unless anyone have any ideas?

0 Kudos
Comeonsillytivo
Tuning in
Message 2 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Re: TiVo box error code 7012

Thought I'd post to let anyone know what happened. I tried one last thing leaving it on all night when it reached the error code page.

Hey presto it was on in the morning!

Virginmedia need to get some good tech help people over phone, seems that most people resolve the issues themselves!
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi Comeonsillytivo,

Welcome to the Community!

Really sorry to hear you've had trouble with your new TiVo®.

Glad to hear it sorted itself out, sometimes it can take a little longer than usual to initialise. Let me know if you get any more trouble and I'll check it out for you.

All the best! Smiley Very Happy

Josh

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

Argyle2017
Joining in
Message 4 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Had my service put into my new flat today internet is fine but no tv service help!
0 Kudos
Keke84
Just joined
Message 5 of 11
Flag for a moderator

I have the same issue and spoke to them on the phone and they said it's a problem with activation today and won't be on til 3:30 in morning
0 Kudos
Comeonsillytivo
Tuning in
Message 6 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Try what I did, leave it on all night when it reaches error page
0 Kudos
redlandrain
Tuning in
Message 7 of 11
Flag for a moderator

You described exactly what happened to me - re error 7012.  So I'll give a go with the overnight fix tonight and cancel the engineer visit if it works!  Thanks buddy

0 Kudos
redlandrain
Tuning in
Message 8 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Just to say thanks!  I took your advice and following Error 7012 on setting up my new TVIVO box,  I just left the box on.  About 2 hours later it starting booting up and after a few updates it's all working a treat.  So if you get Error 7012 - just leave the TVivO box on for a time and hey presto it should restart and right itself.  

Comeonsillytivo
Tuning in
Message 9 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Glad it helped someone!!
0 Kudos
steve3961uk
Tuning in
Message 10 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Have the same code 7012. Engineer swapped out old box for a Tivo (without internet) and said the setup should finalise. Error code 7012 on box after leaving on for 22 hours. Called VM auto reply service and they sending signal to box. Also wish to connect DVD player to scart connection on back -engineer did this and left for next appointment. Any ideas on what else to do please.
0 Kudos