Menu
chirayoju
Tuning in
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

TiVo box error W02 when changing channels

Hello

We've been having problems with our TiVo box for the last 4/5 days.   Whenever we change channels the screen stays black for a long time and either a message comes up saying 'there is a problem on this channel' with error code W02 or it takes ages for the channel to work.

I phoned 150 yesterday and the person I spoke to did tests on the box which restarted it all - this only helped for about 30 minutes after then it started to slow down and error again?

Any help would be appreciated as it's getting very frustrating at the moment.

Thanks

Natalie

0 Kudos
chirayoju
Tuning in
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: TiVo box error W02 when changing channels

Hello again

Just as an update to my earlier message, I have been on the phone again to customer services to be told there is no fault when they look into my service (not that I could hear what she was saying very well due to the loud noises of the call centre in the background).  

If there is no fault with my service why is there now just a black screen with the W02 error message on it and the green light flashing constantly on the front of the TiVO box?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi chirayoju

I'm sorry to learn about the problems you're experiencing with your TV service lately, I've been able to locate your account and take a closer look at this from our end for you.

I can see you've spoken to the team and made some changes, which I hope has helped to resolve the problems you're experiencing with your TV service?

If not, get back to me and we'll take another look ASAP.

Take care

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
chirayoju
Tuning in
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hello

After restarting my TiVo box again earlier today the green flashing light has stopped - we're still getting the error messages and black screen when we change channels though.  

It's starting to get really frustrating now especially when no problem seems to be found.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi chirayoju,

Thank for getting back to us!

I'm really sorry you're still having trouble with this.

I'd like to send a technician to take a look at this for you. So I can arrange this, I've sent you a private message (purple envelope at the top right of your screen).

Look forward to hearing from you!  Smiley Very Happy

Josh

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
chirayoju
Tuning in
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hello

Just a quick update to our TiVO situation. 

We had a visit from the technician today which ended up with us having a new box 'installed'.   It's a nice looking box, just a shame we can't use it!

The technician installed the box and started up the guided setup and left me with the instructions of following the on screen instructions and that it would only take 10 minutes to set up?  I ended up having to call Customer Services after 50 minutes of continuous trying to install the software and unplugging the box to no avail.

We have to wait now until Thursday 25th for another technician to come and have a look at the box again, so no TiVO until then - we're just lucky we have the V+ box upstairs we can bring down to watch.

Oh the technician said that (as stated in other posts) the W02 error is down to the updates from just over a week ago not working well with some TiVO boxes.

Smiley Mad  Smiley Sad

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hello chirayoju,

Very sorry to hear this has happened regarding your TiVo® box.

I have been able to locate your account and I would just like to check whether the technician has contacted you since or if the issue has been resolved as I'm unable to find an appointment that's been booked for the 25th.

Speak to you soon

Rose
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
chirayoju
Tuning in
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hello Rose

We haven't heard anything from the technician, I have had no texts to confirm or anything.   I'm hoping it's not been cocked up again as when a technician was booked through the forums a week ago it was cancelled and they never turned up - leading to me talking to someone on the online chat window on the Virgin Media website who arranged another technician to come (they looked and couldn't see anything about a technician being booked - that's when they arranged the visit for Monday).

I'm now hoping that someone will turn up today as the brand new TiVO box is just sitting gathering dust at the moment.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Thanks

0 Kudos
chirayoju
Tuning in
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hello again

Just chatted to someone on the online chat again on the Virgin website and you were correct - the technician had NOT been booked like the advisor on 150 told me they had! 

I am hoping that the technician will now turn up tomorrow (between 8 and 12) as has just been arranged and if he does arrive I will be making sure he stays to finish the whole installation process this time and not leaving when it is starting to install the software on the box.

So hopefully tomorrow morning I will have a fully functioning TiVo Box installed again.  (If not I think we will be downgrading and getting rid of the TiVo completely after the last few weeks)

Thanks

Chirayoju

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hello Chirayoju,

I'm very sorry to hear this has happened, I have checked your account again and I can confirm you now have an appointment booked for the time and date you have requested.

Please let me know how you get on or if you require any further assistance after your technician visit.

Kind regards

Rose
Forum Team

0 Kudos