Menu
edededed
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

TiVo box doesnt turn without a reset

Just got my TiVo box but it seems to go to sleep when not in use and has no picture next time I try and use it until I turn if off and on at the wall

0 Kudos
Parrotperson
Super solver
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: TiVo box doesnt turn without a reset

Could be various things. Do you leave the box in standby over night or actually switch it off at the wall?

when you turn it in what message if any do you get?

what type of TV do you have and are you connected via hdmi?

you could have a signal issue or a hdmi problem. 

0 Kudos
edededed
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Leave it on standby overnight

sometimes I get the TiVo menu, so I know its not a signal issues, is my box bust or need updating?

0 Kudos
Parrotperson
Super solver
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Unfortunately just because you get the menu doesn't mean your signals not wrong

I'd phone in and get an engineer visit. If you're sure it's not your hdmi cable and all the other cables are tightly in at the back. 

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi there edededed, 

I'd like to welcome you to the forums and say I'm really sorry to hear of the trouble you're having with your TiVo®. It really shouldn't be needing to be powered off and back on just in order to get it to work.

From your initial post, it does sound like your TiVo® could be going into power saving mode, if you want you can disable this feature by following these key strokes on your remote control: 

Home > Help & Settings > Settings > Devices > Power Saving Settings

Here you can select different settings for power saving options. 

I was concerned that you stated that the box would only come back on if you powered it off and back on though, normally after power saving, you would only need to press the standby button on your TiVo® remote. 

I did run some testing on your TiVo® and saw that one of the signal strengths were a little high, whilst this shouldn't cause this problem for you, signal strength issues can manifest in different ways. 

If my above help with Power saving settings makes no difference and you'd like for me to arrange a technician to call out to check out the signal strength then let me know and I can get that looked into for you. 

Many thanks and apologies again. 

Huw

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos