Menu
Ysanne
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

TiVo box deleting programmes

Can anyone help with this- my TiVo box has suddenly started to delete programmes in the last few days. A large percentage of my films and programmes which I recorded some time ago have suddenly got the egg timer next to them saying that they will be deleted in 24 hours etc. I am having to manually set them to the 'keep until I delete' function but this is quite time consuming and I don't know why this has happened all of a sudden! Can anyone help! Thanks
0 Kudos
jonathanlouis
Knows their stuff
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: TiVo box deleting programmes

hi ysanne it could be because you have the tivo box set to deleting your programmes or if its not that then virgin forum member team will check your box to check for signal faults or
other kind of faults check settings then go to deleting programmes and check the settings for that all the best jonni
0 Kudos
Tavis75
Well-informed
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

If you read the wording of the message, it says they MAY be deleted, the programs should only be deleted if the space is required. So as long as you've got plenty of space for upcoming recordings then it should be fine.

0 Kudos
Ysanne
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

No it said they will be deleted, not may be. After speaking to a rude person at Virgin who told me a load of rubbish, I called back and found a helpful lady and the problem is all sorted. Had to reboot the box!
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Ysanne,

Welcome to the community Smiley Happy

I'm glad to hear you got through to someone who could help resolve your issue with recordings about to be deleted.

I hope all is ok now for you.

We're here to help anytime you need us, please don't hesitate to give us a shout if you have a query in the future.

Keep in touch :0

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos