Menu
Sensiteng1969
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

TiVo box changes channel to YouTube !!

Does anyone else suffer from this issue ?

Over the past 8 weeks or so, the TiVo box suddenly changes channel to YouTube

This happens at least once a day at different times and is now getting to the point of annoyance

Any ideas what could be going on and how to resolve

Thanks

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
jb66
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: TiVo box changes channel to YouTube !!

Removing the ethernet cable from the tivo will resolve this, someone on your network is choosing to cast youtube

0 Kudos

All Replies
jb66
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Removing the ethernet cable from the tivo will resolve this, someone on your network is choosing to cast youtube

0 Kudos
Sensiteng1969
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your reply

just wondering does someone actively need to be casting YouTube as this channel change happens sporadically at different times of the day, the majority when no one is on YouTube or using the internet

0 Kudos
silverknight
Just joined
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi everyone. I found this forum while trying to solve this problem at my house. I'm in the U.S. and I'm having the same issue. Tonight while watching a recording TiVo just all of sudden switch to YouTube and no one was casting YouTube at my house. This has happened a couple times to me since the box did a update  but it's random, maybe 3 times in the last 6 weeks so I'm leaning towards a bug in there system. I'll try a hard reset and see if that works once I've watched all my recordings and have the time to re-enter everything. Removing the Ethernet cable from the Lan port is not really a option because the guide won't stay updated for recordings and randomness of it switching.  If I find a solution I'll post it on here.

0 Kudos
jb66
Alessandro Volta
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

The ethernet cable has nothing to do with the TV guide
0 Kudos