Menu
Katre46
Tuning in
Message 1 of 11
Flag for a moderator

TiVo box - blank screen

I'm not getting any service from my TiVo box - just a black screen. I've rebooted several times -sometimes it gets stuck on the "starting" screen and sometimes it will show the "Home" menu but nothing works on it and there is no mini live tv in the corner. I have a V+ Tv in another room and that's working fine. Does anyone have a solution or any similar happening?
Tags (3)
0 Kudos
YvenSteven
Tuning in
Message 2 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Re: TiVo box - blank screen

We've had the same issue since Friday Afternoon, just sits with Starting Up Screen, nothing budging.  Rebooted several times randomly over the weekend but nothing has changed.

We have 3 Green Lights to the left and 2 red with a Blue to the right been the same for 3 days now.  Did say on the Service Status page that they were aware of a fault in our area, but that has apparently been fixed, not on our box it hasn't.

Still waiting for some resolution as we are missing recordings etc over the entire weekend.

Katre46
Tuning in
Message 3 of 11
Flag for a moderator

I borrowed another box and that worked fine - so I've booked an engineer for tomorrow. The guy I spoke to on the phone about the fault wasn't very helpful, but said if the fault fixed itself just to call and cancel the appointment. Perhaps it might be a good idea for you to book an engineer too ...... It will take a couple of days before one can come out to you?
YvenSteven
Tuning in
Message 4 of 11
Flag for a moderator

TBH we have been having intermittent issues over the past few weeks with the box with programmes just stopping for no reason.  Since the Service Status has not eluded to the fault being fixed, a call will be going in the morning to seek resolution.

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) BenD_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 5 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi Katre46,

Thank you for coming in and posting your comment, it's good to meet you Smiley Happy

I'm sorry to read about the TiVo blank screen but glad we're coming, and by the sounds of it, already been out?

I hope that the TiVo is working well now with no issues. if you do need any additional help just let me know Smiley Happy

All the best.

Ben

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) BenD_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 6 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi YvenSteven Smiley Happy

Welcome into the Community and thanks for sharing your post with Katre46 Smiley Happy

I'm sorry to read that you have the same issue and as Katre46 has mentioned, an engineer would be best. I've run some tests and there are some levels that will need adjusting on the TV and also the broadband.

I've sent you a 'Private Message', you can find this by clicking on the little purple envelope near the top right of the page.

Stay in touch and have a great day.

Ben

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
YvenSteven
Tuning in
Message 7 of 11
Flag for a moderator

As it happens as I was on site and searching for my account details and telephone numbers to call and discuss the issue, Wife messaged to say Virgin Engineers were working right outside our house and on the local exchange etc.  They were there for about an hour and then left.  I checked everything rebooting the box when I got home.   No Change.

Called the service helpline discussed the issue, worked with the agent to check some stuff and they resolved that an engineer visit would be required, booked for tomorrow Wed.  Bonus aside the phone line has buzzed since installation and we thought it may be our side, mentioned to agent and they could hear it too, so that will get sorted in same visit.

Moral of the story, while it is good to check the service status and run some of your own diagnostics, there is need to phone and speak to a person to get final resolution.

Thanks Ben replied to your message.

0 Kudos
Katre46
Tuning in
Message 8 of 11
Flag for a moderator

After my initial problem with the Tici box and the blank screen, I called and requested an engineer to come out.(it was booked for yesterday) When the engineer didn't show, I called V.M back to find out where he was only to be told that because they had been carrying out repairs is my area, they assumed that my fault had been fixed so they'd cancelled the appointment. I had received an automated message on the morning of the appointment confirming an engineer was coming ..... What a shame they couldn't extend the same courtesy before they cancelled the appointment that I still needed!
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi YvenSteven

Thank you for taking the time to get back to us, I hope the appointment went well yesterday? 

If you need any additional assistance you know where to find us.

Take care

Hi Katre46

I'm so sorry to learn about the trouble you've experienced lately, it's really not something we want for you, or any of our customers.

I've been able to check your account and can see you've spoken with a member of the team yesterday, how is your TiVo service doing at the moment? 

Hope you're well

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
YvenSteven
Tuning in
Message 10 of 11
Flag for a moderator

TIVO Box replaced, seems much brighter and sharper image now.  We do have issue with phone line still, will be calling about that later.

0 Kudos