Menu
SueStephen
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

TiVo box and broadband

When I contracted with Virgin, we were offered two TiVo boxes able to record up to three programmes ar once. Our lounge box does all that was expected, but the second box in the bedroom will only record two programmes at once. Also the remote does not work with the tv or box.

in addition to this our broadband is only useable in the room it is in. I had expected to be able to use it in other parts of the house.

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Sephiroth
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: TiVo box and broadband

@dannylau might be able to assist with the TiVo issue before the VM bod gets to this thread.  

On the broadband question, wireless is a total crapshoot.  There are three variables at play:

1. The nature of house construction in relation to signal penetration

2. The positioning of the Superhub

3. The Superhub model. If VMDG 480, it is wretched. The others are OK unless faulty.

does any of the above strike a chord with you?

Seph - ( DEFROCKED - My advice is at your risk)

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

If  The box will only record two things at once I would guess at tuner failure,as for the remote not working does it work if you take it downstairs? if not you need a new one and can all be sorted out at the same time, ring 150 and select tv faults and ask for a new remote to be posted and an engineer sent down with a new box

All Replies
Sephiroth
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

@dannylau might be able to assist with the TiVo issue before the VM bod gets to this thread.  

On the broadband question, wireless is a total crapshoot.  There are three variables at play:

1. The nature of house construction in relation to signal penetration

2. The positioning of the Superhub

3. The Superhub model. If VMDG 480, it is wretched. The others are OK unless faulty.

does any of the above strike a chord with you?

Seph - ( DEFROCKED - My advice is at your risk)

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

If  The box will only record two things at once I would guess at tuner failure,as for the remote not working does it work if you take it downstairs? if not you need a new one and can all be sorted out at the same time, ring 150 and select tv faults and ask for a new remote to be posted and an engineer sent down with a new box

SueStephen
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thank you, it seems that I need an engineer.

0 Kudos
SueStephen
Joining in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I will try that number again but I did try all options yesterday and couldn't get to speak to anybody.
0 Kudos