Menu
pushmal
Joining in
Message 1 of 13
Flag for a moderator

TiVo box... all lights on box are lit and no connection!!!! Frequent issue with the box!!!

Hello Virgins,

I would like someone resolve this issue of mine with the Tivo box please. I had the issue with the TiVo box from the very beginning... I had to replace the box once before (even before I started using it, just to install it, the box was sent faulty... had to call engineer, and so had pay to even call to resolve the problem virgin created in the first place). Then, with the second box, I was actually enjoying it for a while... then once in a while it had problem with all lights on, then it would be back up and running again... (and it has only been three months)... So, finally, it stopped working all together... all the lights are lit, tried to solve it by the turning the switch off, leaving for few minutes, and turning it back on... the same result with all the light on the box. 

I came here to see if anyone had the problem and a post did have that problem... and now, I don't want to call customer service and pay to solve issue again... back again with their "hold on, I will pass on your call to this department..." ... no, can't go through that every time...

I would be happy if virgin would set up an email account or something... because I could not find one...

If anyone could solve this issue, I would really appreciate it.

Thank you.

Push

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) BenD_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Re: TiVo box... all lights on box are lit and no connection!!!! Frequent issue with the box!!!

Hi Pushmal, 

Many thanks for taking the time to reach out and message the Community for the first time, welcome in! Smiley Happy

I'm sorry that the TiVo hasn't been working as it should be, I have noticed that whilst running my tests there have been some issues. 

The TiVo isn't responding to the network and with what you've already said I would like to send someone out right away to resolve this. I've sent you a 'Private Message', you can find this by clicking on the little purple envelope near the top right of the page.

Thank you.

Ben

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
rbobby1971
Joining in
Message 3 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Re: TiVo box... all lights on box are lit and no connection!!!! Frequent issue with the box!!!

Hi Ben,

I have the same problem, can you contact me please.

Regards

rbobby
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi rbobby1971,

Welcome to the Community!

Sorry to hear you're having trouble with this too.

I've run a diagnostic on your account and I can see that all of your boxes are currently online. Are you still experiencing trouble with this?

Speak soon Smiley Very Happy

Josh

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Missyi2000
Joining in
Message 5 of 13
Flag for a moderator

I have a problem with my TiVo box which I have had a month. All lights are on the front, I switch of the mains and back on again but after a while it will happen again 

please help!!! 

0 Kudos
lisareyno
Just joined
Message 6 of 13
Flag for a moderator

I had a new tivo installed towards the end of Oct 2016.this has also had intermittent connectivity issues and is now flashing all lights intermittently at the front of the box. Reboot has not resolved.

0 Kudos
Audiobug
Just joined
Message 7 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi, I have the same problem. Woke up this morning to all the lights stuck on my TiVo box. Switched off and disconnected from the mains for 10 minutes, then reconnected and still stuck on all light!

Please help.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hello Audiobug,

Welcome to the community.

I can see you have a technician booked for this so if you need help with anything else please let me know.

All the best

Rose
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Fiona_Chaddock
Joining in
Message 9 of 13
Flag for a moderator

I appear to be having a similar problem, when I try and turn the box on it flashes all of the lights on then the starting up screen comes on. However it is only the text, it doesn't have the red symbol next to it. Then it switches off and tries again on its own then goes to standby when it fails again. I have tried turning it off by the switch at the back for several minutes and have tried removing the power cable as an alternative, both to no avail
0 Kudos
Mbateman87
Joining in
Message 10 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hello, i am having the same problem with my tivo box. All the lights keep flashing on then it trys to reboot and just keeps repeating this, i have tried turning the mains off and leaving afew minutes before turning back on but i have had no luck with this.
0 Kudos