Menu
kebablover
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

TiVo box - Purple / Frozen Screen

I regularly come to use my TiVo and find that it has crashed and either displays a black or purple(pink) screen.

the control does not cause any lights on the box to flash and the only way to fix it to flick the switch on the back.

This often means that programs I have tried to record have not been recorded.

It happens maybe 1,2 or 3  times a weeks.

How do I go about getting a replacement TiVo box?  

0 Kudos
JKDerry
Dialled in
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: TiVo box - Purple / Frozen Screen

Ring in this as a fault. You will only get a proper reply if you ring in and tell them what is happening. Do not wait for a reply here, as this is not monitored 24 hours a day. Ring it in and book an engineer to come out and fix it, that is what you are paying Virgin for. Good Luck. 

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) BenD_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi there Kebablover,

Thanks for popping into the Community again and posting your comment.

I'm sorry to read that you've been having the purple/ frozen screen when watching the TiVo.

I've been looking into the TiVo and can certainly see that the Downstream power levels in the box and and input level are out of spec'. After searching for an outage in the area and not finding one I'd like to arrange an engineering visit.

I've sent you a 'Private Message', you can find this by clicking on the little red envelope near the top left of the page.

Get back to me when you can.

Ben

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
kebablover
Joining in
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I booked an engineer over the phone earlier today.

As expected it was incredibly difficult to get my point across.  I had to explain to three different people that the HDMI lead was inserted correctly.

Thanks anyway

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) BenD_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Kebablover,

Cheers for getting back me so soon Smiley Happy

I'm glad that you've been able to get an engineer booked for you.

I'd really like to know how the visit goes, can you please update the Team and Community here so we can keep up to date with your progress?

Keep in touch and take care.

Ben

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
kebablover
Joining in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Engineer arrived first thing Saturday (next day).  Immediatly replaced the TiVo box & fitted a filter to the other Vbox

We haven't had the problem again since.

Also upgraded me to 200MB internet.

Just need to tweek a few of my services now.  Why is it not possible to downgrade / remove services online? only add new ones.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi kebablover,

Cheers for coming back to the Forum and letting us know that your TV services are now working after the engineer call-out.

Apologies that you aren't able to downgrade your services online. Before removing services, or downgrading, we want to speak with our customers so that we can make sure we get you on the best package possible, as sometimes disconnecting from a service doesn't always mean that the customer will be saving money.

Please let us know if we can help further.

Kind regards.

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos