Menu
Howlingwolf
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

TiVo box... All lights on and clicking

Hello

for the last few days, my TiVo box frequently stops responding, all the lights come on and then it ends up in a reboot cycle but never restarts. The only way to get it back is to power off... Wait for a good few minutes and then power back on... This seems to resolve for a short while but then the problem returns... It has happened 3 times this evening alone. I have also noticed a clicking noise just before it hangs... Sounds like the hard drive to me....

Is there anything that can be done... Or do I need an engineer?

Many Thanks!! 

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: TiVo box... All lights on and clicking

Hi Howlingwolf

Welcome to the Community, I'm very sorry to learn about the problems you're experiencing with your TiVo box at the moment. 

I'd like to arrange for an engineer to come and take a closer look if you're available, I've sent you information regarding this in a private message, which you can view by clicking the purple envelope on the top right of this page.

I'm sorry again for the inconvenience this is causing, we're looking forward to putting it right.

Talk soon

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Yep that does indeed sound like a failing HDD. The only fix will be a Box swap so you would need to arrange a engineer visit to get that done.

200Mb(SH2 SH2AC Hub 3.0), 2 X V6 TV XL, Phone M. 100Mb Business (Hitron Hub).
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi Howlingwolf

Welcome to the Community, I'm very sorry to learn about the problems you're experiencing with your TiVo box at the moment. 

I'd like to arrange for an engineer to come and take a closer look if you're available, I've sent you information regarding this in a private message, which you can view by clicking the purple envelope on the top right of this page.

I'm sorry again for the inconvenience this is causing, we're looking forward to putting it right.

Talk soon

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Howlingwolf
Joining in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Craig and Collette helped me out on this, it was indeed a failing hard drive resulting a replacement box.

All working now - thanks guys!

0 Kudos
Pstoreyc
Just joined
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I am having the same problem! Could I get an engineer round to replace my box as well please??
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hello Pstoreyc,

I have checked your TiVo® box and everything looks like it's back up and running so if this is still happening please let me know so I can arrange a technician for you.

Rose
Forum Team

0 Kudos