Menu
Sharer
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

TiVo aspect ratio

I've had the TiVo box about a month.  Tonight I turned it on and the image on all channels and on all menus is stretched vertically, so that people appear tall and thin, and the top and bottom of the image is missing both on the tv picture and the menus so I can't read the text at the bottom screen or the see the whole of the small screen box at the top right of my screen on the home page for example.  The same problem is occurring when I try to watch recorded shows from several days ago. Last nights viewing was fine and this is the first time I've had this problem. 

If I turn TiVo off and watch tv normally , the picture is fine so it's not my tv.  My tv is modern . I have tried to sort the problem by going to Settings making sure the ratio is set on 16:9 and the video output format is set to 1080i. I've tried the Aspect correction mode on both Panel and Full Screen and neither solves the problem. I have then tried restarting the TiVo box and this also hasn't helped. 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: TiVo aspect ratio

Hi Sharer,

Welcome to the Community and thanks for your post on the Forum. I'm sorry to hear that you are having problems with the aspect ratio from the TiVo to your TV. Thank you for letting me know that you have already tried changing the Aspect Correction Mode from full screen to panel--sorry that this hasn't worked to resolve the issue.

There are a few other things to try with this. Please check the following:

Settings > Video Output Format > Change Settings > Test Formats > Continue

Go through this and once finished, see if this makes a difference.

If this hasn't resolved the issue, please try an alternative HDMI slot on your TV and if still no change, try a different HDMI cable for the connection between the TiVo and TV. If this still hasn't fixed the issue, please let me know and I'll be able to get someone out to have a look at this for you to check your TiVo.

Kind regards,

Terri

Virgin Media Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos