Menu
Andyggow2016
Dialled in
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

TiVo apps taking ages to load

What I have noticed over past 3 weeks there is some app issues on TiVo. BBC Iplayer takes forever to load, even when it loads you still need to search for show, Netflix is slow to load and even when it does it cuts off saying connection issues and YouTube again is slow to load, sluggish and slow to respond. It never used to be as slow as this. Using same services on smart tv and plug in devices the same apps are very fast, on the new sky service like YouTube and others load in seconds, what will Virgin do now, super fast broadband YES but fast TiVo box NO

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: TiVo snooze time

Hi Andyggow2016,

A warm welcome to the community Smiley Happy

I'm sorry to hear that the Apps have been running slowly lately, I can imagine how annoying this must be to experience.

I'll be happy to have a look at this for you.  I know you've mentioned you have called in, I want to make sure we haven't overlooked anything for you.

I can see you have more than 1 box.  Can you please let me know if you get the same slow responses on all of them or just the one?

Also, if you can let me know if this happens at specific times of the day?

I'm here to help so please keep me posted.

Collette. Smiley Happy

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos

All Replies
Andyggow2016
Dialled in
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Just been told by Virgin media after they spoke to the technical team they are aware that boxes are slow and sluggish to respond but there is nothing they can do, they deserve to lose every customer because that is a poor response from a global company of Liberty global a size
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi Andyggow2016,

A warm welcome to the community Smiley Happy

I'm sorry to hear that the Apps have been running slowly lately, I can imagine how annoying this must be to experience.

I'll be happy to have a look at this for you.  I know you've mentioned you have called in, I want to make sure we haven't overlooked anything for you.

I can see you have more than 1 box.  Can you please let me know if you get the same slow responses on all of them or just the one?

Also, if you can let me know if this happens at specific times of the day?

I'm here to help so please keep me posted.

Collette. Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
Andyggow2016
Dialled in
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi well it happens on both boxes at anytime in the day for nearly 3 weeks, I know a new TiVo is in testing, it can't come soon enough
Andyggow2016
Dialled in
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Ooopppsssss mistake marking as solved
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi Andyggow2016,

Thanks for the quick reply Smiley Happy

I have carried out various checks from here.  All signal levels are running fine with both boxes, however I did find that there is currently some high demand affecting the network your TiVo®'s are connected to.  

The current levels of high demand aren't high, this is something that can affect the Apps and right now our network teams are monitoring the situation.  At present the levels are within acceptable ranges so impact should be minimal if anything.  We're looking to see if this the high demand levels increase and if we are likely to need to make improvements then this will get escalated accordingly.

I would advise to monitor this for the time being.  If the situation does get worse, don't hesitate to give us a shout and we can re-check this for you.

I'm sorry for the inconvenience in the meantime. If you have any further queries, let us know.

Collette. Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
Andyggow2016
Dialled in
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

How long am I expected to monitor the issues around BBC I player, vevo, Netflix and YouTube as this has been happening for 4 weeks in total
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi Andygow2016

I'm massively sorry to learn about the continued problems you're experiencing with your TiVo service at the moment, we're currently experiencing some issues with our apps and are working hard to resolve them.

As soon as the issues have been resolved I'll take a closer look into your specific connection again to see if we're detecting any issues. Massive apologies again for any inconvenience caused.

We'll talk soon

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
MuratIs
Tuning in
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Well they'll lose me whenever my contract ends. I changed over from Sky for the fiber Internet and had to get the TV as well.. what a massive mistake. TV is a very old technology and has to be razor sharp and swift. The lag should be few milliseconds. If not what is the point of having a TV? What is the point of having 900+ channels if it's gonna take you 5 seconds to swap the channel or navigate through a menu..

Compared to Sky TV, virgin tivo sucks big time, and fiber Internet does not make that much of a difference in daily life either.

Virgin's solution yet to come..
0 Kudos
Andyggow2016
Dialled in
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Well now we can solve the problem if we want to pay £200 for box and £15 a month
0 Kudos