Menu
Eddie98
Dialled in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

TiVo about delete nearly all my programmes on 13th March

So, having a skim through the list of recordings on my TiVo box, I've just noticed that nearly all the shows and films I've recorded now have an egg timer icon next to them are due to to be deleted on 13th March.

My box is 60% full. I always set recording to be kept until I delete them.

Why all of a sudden is the box wanting to delete lots of my shows all on the same day??

I've started going through the list and resetting them to be kept until I delete them but I don't like this. Had I not noticed I'd have lost loads of stuff.

Anyone else had the same problem. Any cure??

I
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: TiVo about delete nearly all my programmes on 13th March

Hello Eddie98,

Thanks for posting in the community.

Unless you set the recordings to 'keep until I delete' then they shouldn't delete unless you ask it to.

If this has not been set then you'll find the box will start to delete programs to make room for upcoming recordings but you will be given notice first for you to be able to choose whether you want to save them.

Please let me know if you have any further queries.

Kind regards

Rose
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Eddie98
Dialled in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks

I set all my programmes to be kept until I delete them by default and when I noticed the egg timer icons appearing my box was only 60% full. In nearly 4 years of owning the box this is the first time it has happened and the box has been fuller than 60% before. Very strange.

0 Kudos
BinghamBloke
Knows their stuff
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

They won't actually delete unless you fill the box.
The wording I believe is this programme may be deleted.
I have things on my box from years ago with that egg timer but they will remain while there is still space.
0 Kudos