Menu
makjac
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

TiVo Volume varies by channel

I have noticed recently that the sound levels on my TiVo box seem to vary from channel to channel.

As I have the TiVo output going via HDMI to my Home Cinema amp (Anthem MRX310) its very noticeable that the sound has to be adjusted on most many but not all channels. The amp is working fine on everything else and this seems to be a recent development. I have looked through the settings on the TiVo but there doesn't seem to be any options to change the volume. Has anyone else had this issue?

TIA

Mark

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: TiVo Volume varies by channel

dolby channels are generally lower in volume because they have a wide dynamic range

0 Kudos
LittleMick73
Well-informed
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

sound in 5.1 via hd programmes is always a little quieter it's not to much problem to simply increase the volume, it is normal like adverts are always louder, my amp is on auto and will switch between stereo & 5.1 on its own. Hope this helps a bit Micky.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
makjac
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Micky,

Thanks for the feedback it does to seem to affect the HD channels mostly (but not just), for example Discovery on 251 was a lot quieter than 252. My thought was that it appears to be a recent development and I don't think the difference was as noticeable earlier in the year so wondered if there had been changes at the VM end.

Mark

0 Kudos
makjac
Joining in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

The differences seem to be mostly but not always on the HD channels where the volume drops off quiet a bit compared to changing channels. Okay its no big deal to change volume but it appears to be a fairly recent happening so wondered how or if it was affecting others.

Mark

0 Kudos