Menu
Davebristol
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

TiVo - Unbelievably Slow

Since the latest software update my Tivo box has become unbelievably slow. It's so slow when you press a button you question if you actually pressed it. The problem appears to get even worse when it's in record mode. Sometimes the box will take up 20 seconds to respond at best 10 seconds.

Yes I have rebooted the box, many many times

Yes I have checked the network settings

Yes I have spoken to Virgin techincal support

Yes I have had the unit exchanged - several times - This is so inconvenient, on so many levels

The solution - Bye, Bye Virgin - I'm off to Sky. You have had your chances and failed every time

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: TiVo - Unbelievably Slow

Hi Davebristol,

Thanks for posting!

I'm sorry to hear you're having TiVo® trouble.

There's a trick you can try to remove unnecessary background data on the TiVo® to help speed it up.

Just go to the Home screen and on the remote control press Thumbs Down, Thumbs Up, Play, Play. You'll hear a 'ping' noise and the screen will go blank for a few seconds.

Once the screen comes back on, you should notice the TiVo® speed up!

Hope this helps  Smiley Very Happy

Josh

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Davebristol
Tuning in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Done it - no diffreence

EPG not working past next Friday

The issues with TiVo appear to be wide spread according to Twitter with many  experiencing the same issues 

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
Bingley
Superfast
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

All weekend slow slow. I am getting cheesed off now with this THUMBS THUMBS DOWN PLAY PLAY from every VM employee . . I tell you what finger is up at the moment !!!  I`m sick of this unusable box . Last night completely no info on the TV guide for programmes. On demand was not working for about 2 hrs. Selecting another channel and it just sticks so reboot  for the 7th time today.  And you want more money from us , you wish !

0 Kudos
Davebristol
Tuning in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

The issues would appear to be wide spread. I posted on Twitter this morning and was  inundated with people with the same problems. 

My box can take anything up to 20 seconds to respond, you start to question if you pressed the button or not. 

On demand is painfully slow, Netflix buffers at 25% and as for YouTube don't get me started!

The EPG is not working past next Friday!!

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
rockpiler
Dialled in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

No EPG for me either and the TIVO is sooooooo slow
0 Kudos